Question about Amazon promo credit

lolwut?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Does anyone know if you cancel an order you used promotional credit on, if it goes back onto your account (like a gift card balance would)? If it makes any difference, it was promo credit assigned to me by Amazon for an order fuck-up, it's not one of those gaming credits with an expiration date or anything.

I used it on the LittleBigPlanet 2 CE pre-order, but I'd rather wait for a deal on that later on down the line, and I just got some sweet stuff in my Goldbox today.

Thanks!

I think you can reuse it, well atleast you can reuse the gaming credits, don't quote me on it. You can probably message customer service if it doesn't work.

If you cancel the order you lose the promotional credit. I just emailed Amazon with this exact question and this was there response.

Any promotional funds used toward your purchase are not refunded. Promotional funds work much like coupons in a physical store. If you were to cancel the order, the promotional funds would not go back to your promotional account balance and could not be used on another order.

The restrictions for the promotion are on our website here:

http://www.amazon.com/promos/

It used to be that if you ordered an item with promotional VG credit and canceled the order before it shipped, the credit would go back into your account if the credit was still "live" and valid in the timeframe before it expired.

I admittedly haven't done that in a while, so I don't know if that's still the case or not. I think they did change things around a while back to not have that happen, so you should expect on losing the credit if you cancel the order to make a new one.

bread's done
Back