Question about amazon shipping?

abstrct

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I bought something just about a month ago from amazon and it offered Super Saving Shipping for free. Well, I still haven't received anything and when I go to tracked it it says that it been in Dallas for over a week, but when I check through the USPS site it says that its in Lexington, KY. Can someone help me or give me someone personal experiences where something like this has happened and what the out come was?.

Ah, super saver shipping :)

Did you happen to select the option that said "ship all items together" instead of "ship all items as they are available"? From my experience it's very very slow if you choose to ship them all together, and I have no idea why

anyways, call amazon, they do have good Customer Service

amazon will handle it for you. USPS is GAR-BAGE!

No I didnt ship anything else with it. I only bought just that item and that was that. I will call them. And your Right USPS is jacked. One time I had sent a money order and it never reached its destination and well I was charged twice for it. SO I had to call and the said that were was nothing that they were able to do, because I didn't buy the optional insurance for it? Who the hell buys insunrance on something that is in an envelope ... So I learned my lesson dont use USPS unless you utterly need to!

Thanks for everything guys...

[quote name='strongpimphand']amazon will handle it for you. USPS is GAR-BAGE![/QUOTE]

Considering that they handle 100x more mail than private carriers and the fact that their rates for most items are significantly less... can you blame them for not being perfect?:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']Considering that they handle 100x more mail than private carriers and the fact that their rates for most items are significantly less... can you blame them for not being perfect?:lol:[/quote]

Im sure no one here is denying that but I think that they were talking about there CS. The Cs you have to deal with when something does go wrong.

I anyways I took you'lls advice and called them. Talked to a cute little Middle Eastern girl and she replaced my item since it was " Pretty Much lost ". So now its the waiting game all over again.

[quote name='Vinny']Considering that they handle 100x more mail than private carriers and the fact that their rates for most items are significantly less... can you blame them for not being perfect?:lol:[/quote]

Yes, we can and do. Espically since they are raising prices yet again on postage in the next few months.

I don't expect it to be speedy, but I expect my packages to be delivered. A recent order I have from amazon right now, they sent it, it was in my same city, than they sent it to Utah, and now it's back here so hopefully it'll get deliver, it's like they don't know what they're doing.

Another time, my rent got lost for like a week or two because they sent it who knows where, and that was a hassle to take care of. Even their premium services aren't that great either. One time I had a priority mail item take over a month. :roll:

Well, it's just one person, but over the years, I must have sent and received, at least, 200 packages (eBay, Amazon, GameStop, etc.) via USPS without one problem. It's obviously a small sample of the massive amount of business the USPS does, but still.

More important, though, is the fact that, once again, we are reminded that Amazon's CS is some of the best out there. Have had a couple of problems with damaged or non-working items over the years. They shipped replacements the day I contacted them.

Are you serious? Of course.

The USPS is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at customer service if you have a problem. They basically tell you to screw off and that they don't care if anything happens.

One time even on something I had insurance for they said that I had to wait at least a few months to be able to file a claim on a package they seemed to have lost (I even had delivery confirmation on it which shoewed it didn't move for over a month in the state I mailed it from ) before they would even talk to me. I asked to talk to a supervisor and the guy was like "No."

WTF??? Anybody other than a government slob would get fired for that.

Then I called the post office from home, got a supervisor, and she told me that it was my problem and she couldn't help me even though I even got insurance. After about a half hour of trying to tell her I wanted to escalate the issue and go to her boss to see what he could do to rectify the situation, she told me that there was nobody above her and she hung up on me.

Bottom line is they usually deliver your packages, but many of their workers are complete pieces of crap. Also they forget to scan delivery conformation when a package is delivered all the time. Almost any time I buy insurance on a high priced item they forget to scan it. What the hell am I paying for?

Goverment workers are usually terrible slackers with no people skills.

[quote name='Bleybley2']

Bottom line is they usually deliver your packages, but many of their workers are complete pieces of crap. Also they forget to scan delivery conformation when a package is delivered all the time. Almost any time I buy insurance on a high priced item they forget to scan it. What the hell am I paying for?

Goverment workers are usually terrible slackers with no people skills.[/quote]

I'm with BigDaddyBruce44 - I've shipped over 400 packages and have never had the problems you've described, save a hiccup or two. All I did to fix that was call the 1800 number, and they had my neighborhood supervisor call me within 24-48 hours to resolve it.

I don't think I've come across more than a handful of unprofessional government workers...95% of the ones I've dealt with were great. Nice generalization.

[quote name='abstrct']No I didnt ship anything else with it. I only bought just that item and that was that. I will call them. And your Right USPS is jacked. One time I had sent a money order and it never reached its destination and well I was charged twice for it. SO I had to call and the said that were was nothing that they were able to do, because I didn't buy the optional insurance for it? Who the hell buys insunrance on something that is in an envelope ... So I learned my lesson dont use USPS unless you utterly need to!

Thanks for everything guys...[/quote]

I dunno that I'd get insurance on a money order/envelope, but I'd definitely get delivery confirmation. Anything I buy off of Ebay I make sure I can pay for insurance. You just never know what might happen.

cut the USPS slack, they handle an immense amount of mail, and are relatively accurate most of the time. Yes their CS sucks, but what do you expect from a government agency? At least the mailman isn't as rude as say.. a DMV employee

Yes, DMV/MVC employees are about a zillion times ruder than postal employees. If anyone has ever dealt with unemployment officials, they are pretty bad, too. My mother's boss was serving in Iraq, and they were constantly screwing up her payments, trying to make her come for visits she wasn't required to make, etc.

And for the most part, I have had nothing but positive experiences with my local postal employees. All of the mailmen have been very friendly. The people at the post office are generally helpful.

In all honesty, I have had ONE issue with them in all my years. Some new cashier wouldn't accept my flat rate envelope, because there was tape reinforcing the flap. It clearly says on the USPS website that this is acceptable, but she wouldn't listen. I simply took it to the main post office, though, and they took it. It wasted about 15 minutes of my day, but no big deal.

bread's done
Back