Question about Amazon Trade-Ins

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!
I am interested in pre-ordering Red Dead Redemption from Amazon.com, and I would like to trade in two games and use the value to offset the cost. My questions is, can I trade in the two games, turn around and pre-order Red Dead and still receive my $10 Amazon Gift Card for pre-ordering Red Dead?

This is also going to be my first time attempting to trade anything in with Amazon.com, so any advice on how to make that process as smooth as possible would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, this is one of the best boards on any webzone!

you get the promotions regardless of how you pay for the item. you can pre-order now and apply the trade in credit once your trade is complete. just go to your account and view your open orders and view the one for red dead redemption and there will be an option on the top and the bottom of the page that lets you apply your trade in credit to the order. it is very easy.

for the actual trade in, just know that you will probably be required to use UPS. also, if you set up the trade today, but, for whatever reason, you know that you won't be able to send it out until several days from now, keep checking each day to see if the values have changed in your favor. once you set up the trade, you get locked into those values at that time, but if they go up, you can just cancel and set up a new trade with the same games. in general, a lot of the values seem to change several times a week, both increases and decreases.

I was a little skeptical with my first trade in experience with Amazon, which was just last week. I mailed my stuff out at the end of the day on the 5th, and everything was received and processed by the 9th. It was very painless, I had like 45 games, around 10 of which were N64 games (cartidge only), and a couple PS1 games with no manual. My only complaint was that they didn't have all my original xbox games available for trade. Still have like 40 - 45 left that weren't on there or had really low value, but hey not too many stores still take them anyway. Anyway, good luck with your trade in.

bread's done
Back