Question about Amazon's Release Date Delivery

aerozero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Alright so I want to buy a friend of mine Call of Duty Black Ops for her birthday, but I want to make sure it at least arrives before we all leave campus for Winter Break (before December 4th). So I was wondering about how reliable Amazon's Release Date Delivery is for popular games like Call of Duty Black Ops? I read some posts on here that people's pre-orders got delayed by a month, but I'm not sure if they were making stuff up or not.

i wouldnt trust it. i did it for rockband 3 and they didnt ship it until the day after. then i had to put a stop to it so i could pick it up on thursday. so it was more like three day shipping. fuck that.

well speaking for myself .. it always arrived on time .. but I have pre-ordered way more than a month .. always used it and never came late so Im happy with the prompt service and delivery

Never had any problems. They usually ship the day before and the only wait is for UPS to stop at my house. Never heard of anyone having problems with RDD either. I wouldnt worry about not getting it on the delivery day.

I have to agree with the positive reviews. I have used it for the last 6 retail games that I pre-ordered, so far they are 6/6 on-time.

for anyone who thinks i'm full of shit here is the full tracking. i guess i picked it up on wensday. but at 8p when they told me that was the soonest it would be in their shop. they didnt even ship it out until 10p on the 25th and they didnt even get to first attempt until the 27th when the release date was the 26th. i would NEVER trust amazons release date delivery EVER. good thing i had prime and didnt pay for it or i would be ultra pist.

October 27, 2010 07:40:00 PM Flint MI US Delivered
October 27, 2010 04:26:00 PM Flint MI US Available for pickup
October 27, 2010 09:23:00 AM Flint MI US Delivery attempted. Signature is required to complete delivery. Please see carrier notice for next delivery attempt or contact the carrier
October 27, 2010 09:23:00 AM Flint MI US ---
October 27, 2010 08:26:00 AM Flint MI US Arrival Scan
October 27, 2010 08:06:00 AM Flint MI US Out for delivery
October 27, 2010 08:06:00 AM Flint MI US Arrival Scan October 27, 2010 06:45:00 AM Lansing MI US Departure Scan
October 27, 2010 05:14:00 AM Lansing MI US Arrival Scan
October 27, 2010 04:15:00 AM Louisville KY US Departure Scan
October 27, 2010 12:54:00 AM Louisville KY US Shipment received by carrier
October 25, 2010 10:23:11 PM US Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I've gotten about a dozen games from Amazon on release day, all arrived on time. I've even ordered as late as the day before a release and still got it on release day. Only downside is UPS usually comes late to the house, sometimes as late as 4p.m. and I hate waiting that late. @PotatoGuy, If you order with release day delivery and you don't get it release day, drop them a line. I'm sure they would hit you with a nice future credit to make up for it. They've been known to give out credits for even the smallest of inconveniences, something like an order not arriving on it's "guarenteed" date that they give you seems like a lock for an apology credit.

I've got all my release-day Amazon games before 10am on the Tues they were out. About 5-6 games the last year or so.

I guess it depends how close you are to UPS facility for what time of day they show up. But my stuff is always here before Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, Kmart, etc are even open.

I've personally used Release Date Delivery for 3-4 games and all games arrived on the exact date, no delays. As for what TIME they deliver, well, that really depends on the delivery service used. FedEx has always been very prompt, usually in the morning or sometime in the afternoon. UPS? Yea, try NEXT day or late at night (talking 11pm or later).

Also, most of the games were before I got Amazon Prime (used Prime for StarCraft II and it arrived on time).

bread's done
Back