Question about an auction

dragonjud

CAGiversary!
Feedback
270 (100%)
So,
I bid and won a set of DC twin sticks for a good price. The seller didn't have shipping costs listed, so I contacted him via pm before bidding. He said it would be between $10-20 which was reasonable. When I won the item last night I told him I would send payment when he sends me an accurate invoice with shipping costs.
He never replied, and I get the feeling that he wasn't happy about me winning for the price I got. What options do I have if he backs out?

Buyers are usually screwed.

I had a guy back out because the end price was too low. He claimed he shipped it. But he was too willing to refund and wouldn't provide a tracking number. He later relisted the item under a different user name.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything Ebay or you can really do. You should be able to get your money back, but if he doesn't want to send it I think you as a buyer are screwed.

You can, and should, submit a non-performing seller claim is he doesn't ship it, but I don't think it would get you the item.

kell pretty much summed it up although I believe he hasn't paid anything yet so no worries on getting his money back.

But you just won this last night so I wouldn't give up on him yet. I'd ask him for an invoice every other day for 5 or 6 days and then file the non-performing seller thing on eBay (you may have to wait a week to file that?) and move on. You don't want him coming back and claiming you are a non-paying buyer a few weeks down the line.

Also if he quotes you shipping substantially over $20 I'd tell him he quoted you $10-20 and $20 is the max you'll pay. I think eBay would have your back on that since you have that quote from him, but I'm not 100%.

bread's done
Back