Question about ATI Wonder card

alucard8319

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been looking to buy a graphics card and tv tuner combo so I could watch tv, and have a decent card to video edit. Does anybody have any recommondations? My budget is $200, with an AGP interface.

I'm leaning towards an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 128MB 128-bit DDR VIVO AGP, but I'm not sure if I should spring for a higher end model or buy the graphics card and tv tuner separately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Link to above ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102345

wait a month if you can. The new Radeon cards are supposed to debut in August so the x800 series should start to see drops in prices

I had the exact same card. What I would recommend is getting a graphics card and TV tuner seperate. Don't get me wrong, the card was great! It did exactly what I wanted. The remote and TV guide was a nice touch too. It's just that when it came to me needing a faster video card, the prices for the AIW series were insane! I could be getting the latest graphics card without a TV tuner for the same price as getting a lower end graphics card which costs as much as the latest graphics cards only because it has a TV tuner on it which wasn't worth it to me. I say get your graphics card seperate so when you're ready to upgrade, it won't cost you an arm and a leg to get a mediocre video card at a top of the line vid card price.

If you're looking for a cheap deal on the 9600pro AIW, I have one I've been meaning to sell on ebay that I haven't gotten around to. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and I have the whole stuff it came with, I just needed an upgraded vid card to play the games I love in full high res/graphics mode so I have a 6800GT now.

CaseyRyback- Good to know, I'll wait a while for the prices to drop.

valleyvampiress- Thanks for the advice, I'll look at the individual prices for the vid card/ tuner.

From what I have seen the AIW cards are heading towards PCI express so waiting probably won't help you. ATI has released a "new" agp AIW card that they call the AIW 2005. It is simply a Radeon 9600XT AIW with 256 mb of ram this time instead of 128. I bought the 9600xt AIW last year and am very pleased with it. I got it for about $200 at Circuit City on a price match and there was a $50 rebate. I then sold the Matchware mediator software that came with it on ebay for $30 so the net price was $130. It came with a next generation remote wonder II and Pinacle studio video editing software (normally $100 itself). The AIW 9600xt cards are overclocked compared to their regular 9600xt cards. The video card also came with an attachment box to hookup s-video or rca jacks input so you can hook up a camcorder or vcr and use the software to convert it to digital and burn to dvd.Oh and the AIW 2005 now has a heat sink instead of a fan like I have on mine, so it is quieter. I researched my purchase a ton and am very pleased with my purchase. I considered the 9800 AIW but it used older remote wonder and older pinacle studio version and required a 300 watt power supply and a direct line hook-up to your power supply. Most Dell, HP, and compaq computers do not have a 300 watt power supply so that was out of the question for my HP. I would say look for a sweet deal on the Radeon AIW 2005 and go for it. AGP is on the way out.

bread's done
Back