Question about cancelling Xbox Live and then starting new account?

Lil Stinky

CAGiversary!
I called into Xbox Live about three weeks ago and cancelled before my account renewed. After buying Halo 2 I'm now wanting to play on Live again(I know...bad planning). Can I use the two month free subscription card to start a new account using the same credit card I used on my last subscription or do I just have to buy another years service? I would love to take advantage of the free two month deal because I won't really play that much over a years period. I'm just wondering if the free subscription cards are for brand new LIVE users or not?

good question...i would also like to know that if you cancel the acct, and start another one, will you be able to use your old acct name (do they take it out from the "being used" directory or do they keep it there and it no longer can be used....forever...)?

You can cancel your account and start a new FREE trial. You will need to choose a NEW GamerTAG but you can still use your same info: credit card #, address, e-mail, etc.

^^^yes, i want to know the same thing...there is a button that says unsubscribe under subcription under account settings.
so it should look like
Account Settings>Subscriptions>Unsubscribe
can i use this to cancel my account without calling?

[quote name='muncle']^^^yes, i want to know the same thing...there is a button that says unsubscribe under subcription under account settings.
so it should look like
Account Settings>Subscriptions>Unsubscribe
can i use this to cancel my account without calling?[/quote]

Yeah, you can cancel through the dashboard just like that. I found that out a couple gamertags ago over the phone when cancelling one gamertag.

ok, so i clicked on it, but then it said it could not be cancelled at this time...what do i do?

so.....you can use the 2 month trials several times and only change your gt????

i got several trial cards at the house.

you end up just paying for a friends list if this is true. you can rack up a years worth of trials in no time.

bread's done
Back