question about chargebacks

Murcielago77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
well my friend might have gotten scammed on something he bought on ebay a while back (some lame warcraft account) and i guess the guy stole it back from him recently. Its been a good 6 months or so since then, can he still do a chargeback through his cc company? also what happens to that guy because i think his paypal account is limited now, does he get away with a negative balance or what?

Personally, I have to ask this.....WHO BUYS PEOPLES 'ACCOUNTS' or 'CHARACTERS' anyway? I see this crap on CL all the time, with some ninny wanting $450 for some 'level bazillion archmage nonsense' and I just have to laugh.

WHO would pay that kind of money? Whatever happened to going through a game on your own and leveling up your OWN character?

I mean, I know some folks have a busy life and all, but if you're THAT busy, WHY do you 'need' Warcraft?

Yea I gotta agree, you pay for the game each month to *play* it... if you want to skip 99% of the content why bother?

If I'm understanding the OP right. He bought it about six months ago and the seller recently stole it back and you're wondering if he can do anything about it. Sadly, no, credit card companies usually have a 1-2 month timeframe after the purchase for chargebacks. But your friend learned a lesson about buying accounts.

How are you sure your friend's eBay seller took it back? Didn't your friend have the sense to change the password/email account associated with the account? That should've been mediated during the sale process.

But, buying digital goods is a pitfall. Your friend's screwed.

[quote name='Caliburn']How are you sure your friend's eBay seller took it back? Didn't your friend have the sense to change the password/email account associated with the account? That should've been mediated during the sale process.

But, buying digital goods is a pitfall. Your friend's screwed.[/quote]

Theres a way the first owner of the account can get the account back I think he just calls blizzard and gives him the username and cd key and they change it.

[quote name='m0dem']Theres a way the first owner of the account can get the account back I think he just calls blizzard and gives him the username and cd key and they change it.[/QUOTE]

which i think is what happened

no idea why he bought it, i dont even play the game so i dont really know, im just trying to help him out with this whole ordeal

bread's done
Back