Question about COD: MW3 Elite/Founder status

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Hi,

I'm not much of a COD player but my girlfriend is. We moved out of state a few years ago and it is a nice way for her to stay in touch with her younger brothers. Since black ops she has become a big fan so I bought her the Hardened Edition for PS3.

We used the voucher that comes inside the game to register the elite status today (11/13/11). We did this through PSN by using the 12 digit code. Their was nothing to download afterwards.

Is that normal?

Also will we automatically have Founder status or do we need to redeemd the code on the little metal card that came with the hardened edition? I hate to use that card up if register the elite by today will give her founder status anyways as I could just mail it to one of he brothers to use.

Thanks so much for the help.

yeah its normal, i did the exact same thing and I have founder status. Elite is working a lot better now, but still has lots of problems.

[quote name='WakYasuk']yeah its normal, i did the exact same thing and I have founder status. Elite is working a lot better now, but still has lots of problems.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response! So you got founder status WITHOUT having to redeem the code for it via using the Hardened Edition elite subscription?

Also how did you know you had both?

She has yet to get anytype of e-mail or see any noticeable different perks to her account BUT we did just register about 30 minutes ago

The only purpose of having the "founder's status" card is for people who buy the Hardened Edition AFTER founder sign up expires. They extended founder status signups until the end of November. So, when you redeemed your Elite token, you've automatically got founders, no need for the other card. :bouncy:

Oh, and yeah - after you register for Elite, there is nothing to download. It's just a membership and should be viewable in your "memberships" section of your PS3. I play on Xbox (I have a PS3 but use it only for exclusive games and Blu-Ray), so I couldn't tell you exactly where this part of your account is found, but that's where it's at. It will take a while for Founder status to show. More than likely, when they get the service up and running.

Also, check here http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/home2.php and follow @ATVIMikey on Twitter - he's their community/help guy and has been very helpful for me. He's how I found out about all of the above info. You can also ask him questions and he's really good at replying back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, i believe the skull on the elite home page turns from red to green when you have founders. You have to play a game in mw3 and then wait 48 hours. If by then the skull isn't green, contact activision support.

[quote name='Darkstrider13']The only purpose of having the "founder's status" card is for people who buy the Hardened Edition AFTER founder sign up expires. They extended founder status signups until the end of November. So, when you redeemed your Elite token, you've automatically got founders, no need for the other card. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Thank you. That's good to know because now we can mail it down to her little brothers.

Can you have founder status without an elite subscription?

Also how will we know that the elite subscription is valid and that she has founder status? Do we have to register somewhere other then PSN?

Thanks again guys.

It's nice not to get flamed by the "See this thread.. it's been asnwered a milltion times" responses

The elite subscription should show up under services in account management on psn. It should say expires on 11/xx/12. That is all you have to do...for the founder status look at my post above which explains the skull thing.

And, no, you can't have founder without a subscription.

No problem!

Yes, once you get founder's status, it's "lifetime", but you must have subscribed to the Premium Elite first before you can get it (bundled with the Hardened Edition or other methods). So, if you decide to not re-up your Elite status next year (or whenever), you still keep all of your Founder stuff. Additionally, all the DLC that you got as part of your Elite membership stays if you decide to go to free. You just won't be eligible for new DLC until you resubscribe. You'll know you have Founders by the green skull, as WakYasuk had mentioned. As long as you've already entered your Elite membership, I wouldn't worry about it - you're good. Keep in mind that they are still having problems, so the Founders tag and DLC may or may not open up for you just yet. Which is why they are giving everyone an additional 30 days of Elite membership for free - due to all the issues. Hope that helps!

Check here frequently for updated posts and to check the status of the Elite servers:
http://www.callofduty.com/elite/status

Hey just wondering--- I was going to click that Free 2 hr trial thing for COD 3. But if I don't, and wait until the 1st DLC comes out, (which is when btw) you think I'll be able to get it?

bread's done
Back