Question about DeepDiscountDVD

Illini Jeeper

CAGiversary!
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but seeing as how the majority of those who visit this forum have used DDD at some time or another, I figure this is the place to ask.

I'm setting up an order and after getting a couple DVDs for myself, I decided to grab a birthday present for one of my friends. I added Dick Tracy on DVD and then got one of the posters from the movie (The "Eat Lead Copper" with Flattop). In my cart for the poster, they said they were out of stock and would ship when they got one in stock. Has anyone ordered any of the older movie posters from DDD and faced this? Is it wait a week and it will ship or expect to get a copy in a month? I'm just trying to get a timetable as to how long it would take before I place my order.

Thanks for all your help.

Also, DDD is just a middleman..I think the guy who supplies those miniature 11x17 posters used to have a pretty lucritive business on Ebay, and I think thast the same guy. You may be waiting awhile.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but seeing as how the majority of those who visit this forum have used DDD at some time or another, I figure this is the place to ask.

I'm setting up an order and after getting a couple DVDs for myself, I decided to grab a birthday present for one of my friends. I added Dick Tracy on DVD and then got one of the posters from the movie (The "Eat Lead Copper" with Flattop). In my cart for the poster, they said they were out of stock and would ship when they got one in stock. Has anyone ordered any of the older movie posters from DDD and faced this? Is it wait a week and it will ship or expect to get a copy in a month? I'm just trying to get a timetable as to how long it would take before I place my order.

Thanks for all your help.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, those aren't full size movie posters. They are 11x17 master prints.

Yeah DD (It's no longer DDD), takes a long time to ship, the the prices are so much better normally people don't compalin.

[quote name='David85']Yeah DD (It's no longer DDD), takes a long time to ship, the the prices are so much better normally people don't compalin.[/QUOTE]

Not always, as of late they've had the most expensive season boxsets. Then I emailed them to pricematch with their "lowest total price guarantee." but they wouldn't cause my items shipped already.

Another thing to watch for is sales tax. DDD charges sales tax to those in Illinois, so depending on the price, what seems like it might be the best deal (compared to Amazon, etc) may not be.

bread's done
Back