Question about F.E.A.R. Files

MasterAwesome

CAGiversary!
Hi, I've been wanting to buy the original F.E.A.R. for a while now, but all I can usually find is the F.E.A.R. Files game. I know this contains 2 new expansion missions or whatever, but does this include the original F.E.A.R. with it? I'm a little skeptical to buy it because I've read many reviews saying that F.E.A.R. Files is much worse than the original F.E.A.R., which I don't understand why that would be the case if Files is just adding additional content. I'd appreciate if anyone could clear this up for me.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Hi, I've been wanting to buy the original F.E.A.R. for a while now, but all I can usually find is the F.E.A.R. Files game. I know this contains 2 new expansion missions or whatever, but does this include the original F.E.A.R. with it? I'm a little skeptical to buy it because I've read many reviews saying that F.E.A.R. Files is much worse than the original F.E.A.R., which I don't understand why that would be the case if Files is just adding additional content. I'd appreciate if anyone could clear this up for me.[/quote]
FEAR Files doesn't have the original FEAR with it. Totally stand-alone expansions.

It's considered worse because it was designed by a completely different (and mediocre) team.

Comparing FEAR 1 to FEAR files is akin to comparing Call of Duty 4 to Call of Duty 5.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']It's considered worse because it was designed by a completely different (and mediocre) team.

Comparing FEAR 1 to FEAR files is akin to comparing Call of Duty 4 to Call of Duty 5.[/quote]

Call of Duty 4 and 5 were both well done, and deserve to both be considered excellent games.

A better comparison would be Call of Duty 2 and 3.

FEAR Files does not include the original game. However it is still worth getting, FEAR: Extraction Point was excellent, however Perseus Mandate was not.

bread's done
Back