Question About Import Games Websites

karsh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey, I have a couple questions about importing games online. I'm looking into buying Naruto 3 and a Freeloader from somewhere. Two places I've looked at so far are Lik-Sang and Play-Asia. What's the general consensus on where I should order it from? Also, for those of you who have ordered from these sites before, how long should I expect shipping time? I've been told it takes about three weeks using Lik-Sang's free shipping. So I was wondering if maybe Play-Asia's stuff with the cheapest shipping normally came quicker or what? Thanks for any help.

I never ordered from Lik Sang but I ordered from Play Asia and choosing the cheapest shipping I had my order in about a week and I live on the east coast.

[quote name='karsh']Hey, I have a couple questions about importing games online. I'm looking into buying Naruto 3 and a Freeloader from somewhere. Two places I've looked at so far are Lik-Sang and Play-Asia. What's the general consensus on where I should order it from? Also, for those of you who have ordered from these sites before, how long should I expect shipping time? I've been told it takes about three weeks using Lik-Sang's free shipping. So I was wondering if maybe Play-Asia's stuff with the cheapest shipping normally came quicker or what? Thanks for any help.[/quote]
Karsh, I just recieved my Naruto 3 from lik-sang... funny thing is it was ordered December 18th and was in processing until a week ago (they sent it EMS cause I raised a little hell)... even though it has claimed it was in-stock the whole time... so go with play-asia... their shipping takes about a 1-2 weeks and it is a more reliable site.
Naruto 3 kicks ass! I only need to unlock Itachi and I have all the characters unlocked.

[quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh']Hey, I have a couple questions about importing games online. I'm looking into buying Naruto 3 and a Freeloader from somewhere. Two places I've looked at so far are Lik-Sang and Play-Asia. What's the general consensus on where I should order it from? Also, for those of you who have ordered from these sites before, how long should I expect shipping time? I've been told it takes about three weeks using Lik-Sang's free shipping. So I was wondering if maybe Play-Asia's stuff with the cheapest shipping normally came quicker or what? Thanks for any help.[/quote]
Karsh, I just recieved my Naruto 3 from lik-sang... funny thing is it was ordered December 18th and was in processing until a week ago (they sent it EMS cause I raised a little hell)... even though it has claimed it was in-stock the whole time... so go with play-asia... their shipping takes about a 1-2 weeks and it is a more reliable site.
Naruto 3 kicks ass! I only need to unlock Itachi and I have all the characters unlocked.[/quote]

Point two for Play-Asia. Anyone think it's worth about 11 dollars more to cut it down to 3-5 days? I'm tempted to pay it for some reason.

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh']Hey, I have a couple questions about importing games online. I'm looking into buying Naruto 3 and a Freeloader from somewhere. Two places I've looked at so far are Lik-Sang and Play-Asia. What's the general consensus on where I should order it from? Also, for those of you who have ordered from these sites before, how long should I expect shipping time? I've been told it takes about three weeks using Lik-Sang's free shipping. So I was wondering if maybe Play-Asia's stuff with the cheapest shipping normally came quicker or what? Thanks for any help.[/quote]
Naruto 3 kicks ass! I only need to unlock Itachi and I have all the characters unlocked.[/quote]

Point two for Play-Asia. Anyone think it's worth about 11 dollars more to cut it down to 3-5 days? I'm tempted to pay it for some reason.[/quote]
If you got money to burn and need a game to play, why the hell not? I'd recommend ordering it before the weekend though.

my vote is for playasia but i've heard NCSX (i think thats what its called) is good and is based in NY.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']http://www.estarland.com
They have Naruto 2 used... which is cool.
I like this site alot. I've purchased a couple items there and they definitely have quicker shipping than play-asia's slow shipping.[/quote]

I sencond that. I ordered Dragon Quest VIII from there and was very impressed with how quickly I got it.

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='AngellicLulu']http://www.estarland.com
I like this site alot. I've purchased a couple items there and they definitely have quicker shipping than play-asia's slow shipping.[/quote]

I sencond that. I ordered Dragon Quest VIII from there and was very impressed with how quickly I got it.[/quote]
I've been tempted to grab Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special. But I have resisted, need to learn more Japanese first.

Okay...I like how Estarland and NCSX are both US based companies, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to order the stuff from their sites. So I guess it's now down to EStarland or NCSX.

[quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='rockhero'][quote name='AngellicLulu']http://www.estarland.com

I sencond that. I ordered Dragon Quest VIII from there and was very impressed with how quickly I got it.[/quote]
I've been tempted to grab Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special. But I have resisted, need to learn more Japanese first.[/quote]

I'll definitely pick that one up sometime soon. Not knowing Japanese doesn't stop me =)

[quote name='karsh']Okay...I like how Estarland and NCSX are both US based companies, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to order the stuff from their sites. So I guess it's now down to EStarland or NCSX.[/quote]
63.95 at estarland.com, 65 at ncsx... depends on shipping cost really.
Freeloader 25 at NCSX and 22.95 at estarland... for 2 bucks more you can get an action replay with freeloader at estarland.

[quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh']Okay...I like how Estarland and NCSX are both US based companies, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to order the stuff from their sites. So I guess it's now down to EStarland or NCSX.[/quote]
Freeloader 25 at NCSX and 22.95 at estarland... for 2 bucks more you can get an action replay with freeloader at estarland.[/quote]

The only question now is what's the chances that I could actually get the stuff before Sunday? I really wanna get it before I have to go back up to college, when I won't be back down home for a couple weeks.

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh']Okay...I like how Estarland and NCSX are both US based companies, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to order the stuff from their sites. So I guess it's now down to EStarland or NCSX.[/quote]
Freeloader 25 at NCSX and 22.95 at estarland... for 2 bucks more you can get an action replay with freeloader at estarland.[/quote]

The only question now is what's the chances that I could actually get the stuff before Sunday? I really wanna get it before I have to go back up to college, when I won't be back down home for a couple weeks.[/quote]
I don't know about that... you'd have to either call them or have it like overnight shipping to be sure.

[quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh']Okay...I like how Estarland and NCSX are both US based companies, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to order the stuff from their sites. So I guess it's now down to EStarland or NCSX.[/quote]

The only question now is what's the chances that I could actually get the stuff before Sunday? I really wanna get it before I have to go back up to college, when I won't be back down home for a couple weeks.[/quote]
I don't know about that... you'd have to either call them or have it like overnight shipping to be sure.[/quote]

Hmmm...It's only three more dollars to get 2-3 day shipping, which if I ordered tomorrow morning, would ship tomorrow, and have a chance then to come by Sunday. I might have to do this now...

[quote name='karsh'][quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh'][quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='karsh']Okay...I like how Estarland and NCSX are both US based companies, and it wouldn't be that much more expensive to order the stuff from their sites. So I guess it's now down to EStarland or NCSX.[/quote]

I don't know about that... you'd have to either call them or have it like overnight shipping to be sure.[/quote]
If it's UPS they don't deliver Sat or Sun. If it's USPS they don't deliver on Sun. So I relaly think you may have a slim chance of getting it by Sun. but it's your chance.

Hmmm...It's only three more dollars to get 2-3 day shipping, which if I ordered tomorrow morning, would ship tomorrow, and have a chance then to come by Sunday. I might have to do this now...[/quote]

I just realized the problem with ordering it from eStarland...They ship Naruto 3 in 3 days. That's not gonna be good for my plan. Time to look at new ideas...

Lik Sang tends to be very slow shipping. I don't mean slow as in transit from HK to USA, but they are slow to send it out, make you wait, etc.

PlayAsia is much faster ;)

Btw, anyone else hate the region crap that we have to deal with? Why can't JPN games just work on a regular US console, and visa versa, it would solve alot of headache (Since JPN is also NTSC).

anybody have opinions on Game Express?

This place got positive feedback at resellerratings.com.

I'm interested in importing too, and that seems to be the only online retailer that has Rez and Ikaruga in stock. Reasonable prices too.

I'd say go with Play-Asia.

They have great deals, decent shipping, and plus you get a "$5 off a $40 purchase" coupon with (every?) order.

I've ordered from them a bunch of times and haven't had any problems yet.

I've bought from NCSX on several occassions and they have always delivered on a timely manner. You can call or e-mail them for special instructions regarding shipping.

Whatever you do, stay away, FAR AWAY from Buyrite!

I think the best thing to do is to just get a JP PS2. That way you will never have to worry about a game being a dual layer disc (many mods won't play it) or Sony coming up with a new mod lockout detection scheme that's built into the new games being released. Moveover, you can use it to play your PS1 imports (I personally have a fair-sized library and my modded PSXs were at their last legs) and watch Region 2 DVDs too.

I'm getting mine this weekend. It's gonna be the slim PS2 model, can't wait!

A little off-topic guys, but I figured this thread would be the best to answer it. If I was planning to pick up a Naruto import game, which would be the best to get? Are they all fighting games, or are some RPG's? Are the PS2 and GC games different? Hope somebody can answer these...

[quote name='Rig']A little off-topic guys, but I figured this thread would be the best to answer it. If I was planning to pick up a Naruto import game, which would be the best to get? Are they all fighting games, or are some RPG's? Are the PS2 and GC games different? Hope somebody can answer these...[/quote]
I like the GC Naruto 2 or 3... they are some of the most revolutionary fighters... go to estarland.com, they have Naruto 2 GC used. The GBA games are RPGs of a sort. The PS2 Naruto game is supposed to be released in America some time this year. But yes, the PS2 and GC games are different... I do not think you can play 4 player on the PS2 version. I prefer the GC games, Naruto 3 for GC is by far the best fighter I've played.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Actually, I was talking of an Action replay for the GCN.[/quote]
Well seeing that at estarland.com you can get an Action Replay for a measly 2 bucks more (24.95) I would go with an Action Replay. I love the Action Replay for all my uh... needs. Sometimes I just need a little money code on an RPG... it's not a crime.

[quote name='AngellicLulu'][quote name='SneakyPenguin']Actually, I was talking of an Action replay for the GCN.[/quote]
Well seeing that at estarland.com you can get an Action Replay for a measly 2 bucks more (24.95) I would go with an Action Replay. I love the Action Replay for all my uh... needs. Sometimes I just need a little money code on an RPG... it's not a crime.[/quote]

I figured it would be good, because then I could also get all the NES games in Animal Crossing. Lokks like I'll go that route when I order tomorrow.

I have Naruto: Narutimett Hero 2 (PS2) and Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 (GCN) and I have to say that Narutimett Hero 2 is a much better title than Nartuo 3 (GCN). Naruto 3 is more of a straightforward 3D fighting game. Since the Gamecube has few fighting games, the Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen series stands out. Narutimett Hero 2 is more creative and has some Smash Brothers elements mixed into it. It also has a really cool RPG mode where you run around Konhoa and a lot more characters than Naruto 3 GCN. The only thing about Narutimett Hero 2 is that it's more language heavy that Naruto 3 GCN. Here's a link to a review of Narutimett Hero 2 with some screen shots: http://www.siliconera.com/ps2/naruto2/040929.htm

[quote name='karsh']Hey, I have a couple questions about importing games online. I'm looking into buying Naruto 3 and a Freeloader from somewhere. Two places I've looked at so far are Lik-Sang and Play-Asia. What's the general consensus on where I should order it from? Also, for those of you who have ordered from these sites before, how long should I expect shipping time? I've been told it takes about three weeks using Lik-Sang's free shipping. So I was wondering if maybe Play-Asia's stuff with the cheapest shipping normally came quicker or what? Thanks for any help.[/quote]

Officer - arrest this man! He intends to break the law by circumventing region coding!

[quote name='era5000']I have Naruto: Narutimett Hero 2 (PS2) and Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3 (GCN) and I have to say that Narutimett Hero 2 is a much better title than Nartuo 3 (GCN). Naruto 3 is more of a straightforward 3D fighting game. Since the Gamecube has few fighting games, the Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen series stands out. Narutimett Hero 2 is more creative and has some Smash Brothers elements mixed into it. It also has a really cool RPG mode where you run around Konhoa and a lot more characters than Naruto 3 GCN. The only thing about Narutimett Hero 2 is that it's more language heavy that Naruto 3 GCN. Here's a link to a review of Narutimett Hero 2 with some screen shots: http://www.siliconera.com/ps2/naruto2/040929.htm[/quote]
That may be true, I have yet to play the PS2 version, but the PS2 version is in the making for a release in the US. I'm not buying it import until it gets cancelled to come out stateside. Also, it's much easier to play import games on a GC.

bread's done
Back