Question about monitor.

jagwire1141

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I have an HP notebook with the 15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800) display. I'm looking into getting VGA cables for my 360 and I was wondering what kind, if any, of hi-def this monitor would display. Also, my laptop has the vga port but no holes for the pins that screw in, will the cables still work?

[quote name='jagwire1141']I have an HP notebook with the 15.4" WXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800) display. I'm looking into getting VGA cables for my 360 and I was wondering what kind, if any, of hi-def this monitor would display. Also, my laptop has the vga port but no holes for the pins that screw in, will the cables still work?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, you cannot interface with the monitor directly so it wouldn't be possible to run a direct connection between your 360 and your laptop. The VGA port was meant for output, using a larger monitor instead of using your laptop screen.

It's possible to run the laptop screen as a secondary screen with third party prorgrams but that requires you to be actually running Windows, which kills off any idea of using the laptop screen with your 360.

The only hope would be using a device similar to the GameBridge but that isn't a VGA connection and wouldn't be what you're looking for.

I don't know if any laptops have the functionality that you are looking for. This is off the top of my head so If I'm wrong, please correct me.

spidey is right, you can only output display from your laptop's vga port to an external monitor, but not an external source to your laptop display using the vga port.

bread's done
Back