Question about my NES. Please help!

SIUfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Alright. Here's the deal. I busted out my NES the other day for the hell of it. I can't get it to work. I have the right a/v and ac cables. When I turn it on the power light blinks. The screen blinks with it. I took the NES apart, cleaned the prongs with an alcohol q-tip, blew all the dust out with canned air, cleaned the cartridge the same way, and even bent the prongs up ever so slightly to give the cartridge-prongs a better fit. It's still doing the same thing. I was wondering if you guys know what this problem is and how I can fix it. Any help would be great as I am looking to get my NES going again.

Thanks

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']gamecube uses the same AV cable as the snes, should be easy to find one.[/QUOTE]

And your NES should have RCA connections on the right hand side (just red/yellow).

[quote name='eshbums']And your NES should have RCA connections on the right hand side (just red/yellow).[/quote]
Only if it's the original unit... the top loaders require the RF cable unless I'm mistaken.

... If I am, I'd love to get my top loader on RCA. It looks so much better.

Edit: Actually, I think I might have some spare SNES-type RCA cables from when I upped the video on my GC and old SNES. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

[quote name='SIUfan']Where can I find one and how much do they cost?[/quote]

Around $10 shipped, eBay. :drool:

While you've got the 72 pin connector out, also clean the area where it connects to the motherboard if you haven't done that already.

bread's done
Back