Question about Netflix on Wii U

UndyingForce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Hello,

I am about ready to purchase a Wii U (thanks the Mario 3d Land) but had a question about Netflix. Netflix on the Xbox 360 (which I just recently got rid of) made it so at the end of a TV show, the next episode in the season would automatically start. Is this feature built into the app on Wii U?  I love this feature and haven't come across any other device besides the 360 that does this.

Any other non gaming apps on the Wii U that people use often?

Thanks.

I don't use it frequently but the last time I used it it didn't have that feature. I enoy the youtube app since it gives you the description on the gamepad while the video is playing.

Hello,

I am about ready to purchase a Wii U (thanks the Mario 3d Land) but had a question about Netflix. Netflix on the Xbox 360 (which I just recently got rid of) made it so at the end of a TV show, the next episode in the season would automatically start. Is this feature built into the app on Wii U? I love this feature and haven't come across any other device besides the 360 that does this.

Any other non gaming apps on the Wii U that people use often?

Thanks.
When did the 360 start doing this? I know it didn't when I used it years ago. That's really convenient.

I will try it on my Wii u later tonight and can post back if it does or not.

I think is does buy I may be thinking of something else. I know the PS3 also doesn't hit it has a time out of about 2 hours or so that asks if you are still actually watching it.

I haven't used the Netflix client on the Wii U in a little bit, but I don't think it has the Post-Play feature.  Netflix just updated their interface, but they were clear that the Wii and WiiU versions (along with many other devices, like TVs and BD players) weren't going to get the interface refresh.

Netflix seems determined to have a slightly different version of the interface on every device at the same time.  At one point my Xbox, PS3, Wii U and TiVo all had slightly different versions.  It's kind of maddening.

I watch most of my Netflix on my ps3... I do love that feature as well, not only did it start the next episode (was watching Dexter) but it picked up the next episode AFTER the credits and previously on Dexter segments...

To answer your question easily, no it doesn't ala 360. However, it adds some extra benefits with GamePad itself. Like controlling everything you need to. If you share your TV, it also is extremely convenient as you can swap from the TV to the GamePad in a on screen button press.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time.I checked, my Netflix app on my Wii U didn't work. Its been awhile now, but even still, my Wii U isnt even hooked up.

bread's done
Back