Question about PayPal fees

redline

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've got a premier account that I haven't used in a long time. Didn't it used to be that you could receive a PayPal balance transfer from another user and not have to pay any fees, even with a Premier account? I know there has always been fees with credit card payments, but I thought there were not any fees with balance transfers. To test this I had a friend of mine send me $1 from her Paypal balance, and I got charged a $0.33 fee.

Am I correct in assuming that if I downgrade to a Personal account there won't be any fees for receiving payments?

[quote name='redline']I've got a premier account that I haven't used in a long time. Didn't it used to be that you could receive a PayPal balance transfer from another user and not have to pay any fees, even with a Premier account? I know there has always been fees with credit card payments, but I thought there were not any fees with balance transfers. To test this I had a friend of mine send me $1 from her Paypal balance, and I got charged a $0.33 fee.

Am I correct in assuming that if I downgrade to a Personal account there won't be any fees for receiving payments?[/quote]

only personal accounts don't charge fees from paypal balance. I also didn't know that you can downgrade from a premiere account, at least it was incredibly hard to find that link from the paypal website.

You can downgrade once, or at least you used to be able to [but yes, the link to do so is hard to find]. You will also lose the ability to accept credit cards.
I have had some transactions where I wasn't charged a fee, but they weren't normal transactions--they were e-payments for surveys or shopper testing. I don't know why I wasnt' charged, unless the sender was a big enough customer. I also didnt' ask, because I didn't want them to charge me after the fact : ).
In general, though, once you're Premier, you get charged for every payment you recieve [not counting things like the money market interest, or Paypal Preferred CashBack, or returns/credits if you use the debit card].

bread's done
Back