Question about Paypal..

racthamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
Hi, I have a question about paypal.

I'm in the process of selling an item to another CAG, but he would like me to send the package to his dorm address instead of the paypal confirmed address. Is it mandatory that I should send the item to the confirmed address only, just in case something go wrong? Thank you for any input... :)

If he has good feedback and the item isn't expensive, I wouldn't be against sending to a non-confirmed address. People are generally adamant about confirmed addresses because if the buyer claims he never got the item but you have proof with DC that the item was delivered, PayPal will side with you. If you send to a non-confirmed address and the buyer claims he never got it, PayPal will always side with the buyer even if you have proof that the item was delivered.

It is mostly paranoia that forces some people to only send to confirmed addresses because we assume everyone is out to scam us. I generally send to confirmed only if the value is $45 or more. $100 and up is confirmed address with Signature Confirmation, no exception.

[quote name='Kendro']If he has good feedback and the item isn't expensive, I wouldn't be against sending to a non-confirmed address. People are generally adamant about confirmed addresses because if the buyer claims he never got the item but you have proof with DC that the item was delivered, PayPal will side with you. If you send to a non-confirmed address and the buyer claims he never got it, PayPal will always side with the buyer even if you have proof that the item was delivered.

It is mostly paranoia that forces some people to only send to confirmed addresses because we assume everyone is out to scam us. I generally send to confirmed only if the value is $45 or more. For me, $100 and up is confirmed address with Signature Confirmation, no exception.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.. that's what I thought also.. I understand that the buyer probably wanted it to be delivered to his dorm, but just to cover my part (and his) from all the trouble that could occured, I guess, I'll ask him if he can do with the confirm address, if not I'll just refund/return the paypal to him I guess. Thank you

bread's done
Back