Question about Powerup Rewards & Gamestop Store Credit

maximumzero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
So last Friday I traded in a Wii U game and received $34.50 in store credit. In the same transaction I also purchased a Wii U game for $17.99.

That meant I had a little over $14 in store credit remaining. At the time I wasn't a Powerup Rewards member, but I registered for it on that same day.

The clerk said he could put the remaining store credit on the Powerup Rewards card, which was okay, I assume it works as a Gift Card, basically.

I just got around to activating my card today, and on the website it says my "Trade Credit Balance" is $0.00.

Shouldn't that say $14.xx? Or is the card balance something I can only check in store?

1. Did you get the PRO membership or the standard free one? PRO costs $15 so he may have charged you that one. It's a silver card.

2. Yes, the membershp card doubles up as a gift card which is why you'll see a second set of numbers on the bottom (the gift card number to enter for online orders).

3. The PUR website is pretty accurate as far as I know. You can also log onto the Gamestop website and look up your gift card value as an alternative.

4. Do you still have the receipt? If the transaction was fully processed the leftover credit had to have gone somewhere. Either it was on the card and you forgot you used it elsewhere or another gift card was loaded. The receipt will tell you exactly where it went. Employees should be able to look up your transaction using your card if you need to go in-store to figure it out.

[quote name='Donut2922']1. Did you get the PRO membership or the standard free one? PRO costs $15 so he may have charged you that one. It's a silver card.

2. Yes, the membershp card doubles up as a gift card which is why you'll see a second set of numbers on the bottom (the gift card number to enter for online orders).

3. The PUR website is pretty accurate as far as I know. You can also log onto the Gamestop website and look up your gift card value as an alternative.

4. Do you still have the receipt? If the transaction was fully processed the leftover credit had to have gone somewhere. Either it was on the card and you forgot you used it elsewhere or another gift card was loaded. The receipt will tell you exactly where it went. Employees should be able to look up your transaction using your card if you need to go in-store to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

It's the standard membership, I don't do enough shopping at Gamestop to justify the $15.

And I do have the receipt. It looks to me that it went on the card, which is part of my confusion. Maybe the site is having a sick day, I'll check back in six hours or so.

Try this:
https://www.gamestop.com/credit

When i used my power up card it was supposed to have like 60 bucks on it but when i checked it said 0 but then i got an email & phonecall from gamestop like a month later saying oh you have 60 bucks remaining and a link to that and i printed out the certificate and it worked fine

[quote name='maximumzero']It's the standard membership, I don't do enough shopping at Gamestop to justify the $15.

And I do have the receipt. It looks to me that it went on the card, which is part of my confusion. Maybe the site is having a sick day, I'll check back in six hours or so.[/QUOTE]

i think it can take up to 48 hours for that credit to show up

[quote name='slidecage']i think it can take up to 48 hours for that credit to show up[/QUOTE]

This. Their system with gift cards and PUR takes 1-2 processing days, so you should be fine :)

I'm surprised that the delay disclaimer wasn't mentioned. I think that all employees are trained to mention it at the time they issue a card and at the time they issue credit.

bread's done
Back