Question about PSN DRM on the PSP Go

BWQ3A

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I bought a used PSP Go today. It had 3 games already on the system. I already own a PSP 3000 & wanted to put some games from that system over on the PSP Go. When I tried to do this by redownloading them from PSN, I got a message about system activation & it also said that I might not be able to access the existing media on the system afterwards. Would downloading something with my PSN account make it so I can't access the games already on the PSP Go? Also, when I tried to copy it over from my PS3, I got a similar system activation message. Any help would be appreciated.

In order for the PSPGo to play games purchased on your PSN account, the system has to be activated on your account. In doing so, this will deactivate its existing account negating the ability to play the 3 games already on there.

Your two options are:

1. Do not activate it on your account and limit yourself to only the 3 games it came with.

or

2. Activate the system on your account, delete the existing games on the device and put your games on there. This will also give you the ability to purchase and play additional games. Ideally, you'd want to format the PSP Go first, then activate it on your account just to make sure all their data is gone.

I always hate it when PSP Go's are on Craigslist and people use the existing games to jack up the price not knowing that they are worthless if you intend on using your account.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alternatively, you can play the 3 games if they're to your liking. When you're done with them (completed/finished), you can go ahead and activate using your account. Once you activate your account, those 3 games will be useless, since you don't know the credentials of the previous owner.

bread's done
Back