Question about PSN movie/TV store

CENNY

CAGiversary!
Wondering if anyone can help, I have cable TV at home but no Showtime right now. I'm thinking of signing up for Showtime just for the next 3 months because the new season of Dexter (awesome show!) is starting very soon, but I have little or no interest in anything else Showtime has.

So my question is, are the Showtime episodes that you can download on the PSN "current"? Like, as soon as a new episode of Dexter airs, is it immediately available on PSN to watch? OR do PSN normally only put up the previous seasons and "older" episodes, so you have to actually subscribe to Showtime if you want the new stuff?

Would appreciate any info from anyone else who has experience watching Showtime (or even HBO I guess) shows via PSN store. If I can get the new season of Dexter through PSN then I would rather do that than subscribe to Showtime through my cable provider (and then have to cancel at the end of the year and pay the cancellation fee etc on top of the added subscription fee). Basically I'm just wondering if there is anyone else who has successfully watched a whole new season of their favorite cable show on PSN without subscribing through cable/satellite etc.

Thanks for any help.

I'm gonna go ahead and say they only post up the old ones. The newer ones have licensing and all kinds of other stuff before it hits Blu-Ray/ DVD/ On Demand. Just think of it that way. The new season has already started, and if you look on the store you can see that none of the new ones are up yet.

I think you're better off getting Showtime for 3 months. And I bet it would be a lot cheaper too. If you have a DVR you can just save them for later.....until the DVD or something hits.

Thanks for your reply, I guess I will have to subscribe after all.

BTW, I could be wrong but I thought Dexter season five was going to start Sept 26th.

bread's done
Back