Question about Replacement Plans

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Folks,

Getting ready to get a 360...likely a premium HDMI...I keep wanting to wait until the falcons are available, but the real improvement will come via a 65nm GPU, and I really cant wait that long anymore, not with all these awesome games coming out.

So my solution is to spend more money, get a replacement plan, and in 1-2 years time swap my system for some new hardware. My biggest issue is the fact that I can get the system cheaper overall at CC, but the replacement plan there is 80 and I dont know how long CC will be around (relative to BB...they're not doing as well).

BB, well, I couldnt get any discounts, but 60 dollar replacement plan that is almost guaranteed to last me. That, and they have their systems out and I can clearly see that their premiums are HDMI equipped.

Any thoughts on the best replacement plans?

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Folks,

Getting ready to get a 360...likely a premium HDMI...I keep wanting to wait until the falcons are available, but the real improvement will come via a 65nm GPU, and I really cant wait that long anymore, not with all these awesome games coming out.

So my solution is to spend more money, get a replacement plan, and in 1-2 years time swap my system for some new hardware. My biggest issue is the fact that I can get the system cheaper overall at CC, but the replacement plan there is 80 and I dont know how long CC will be around (relative to BB...they're not doing as well).

BB, well, I couldnt get any discounts, but 60 dollar replacement plan that is almost guaranteed to last me. That, and they have their systems out and I can clearly see that their premiums are HDMI equipped.

Any thoughts on the best replacement plans?[/quote]

Best Buy is usually 1-2-3 and you're out the door on MANY products with a new one, if they have them in stock. I know with my year from launch PS2 they simply said to go to the media/game dept and get a new one and bring it up. They swapped it out easy and fast. But, what sucks is, I later on learned it was my TV and NOT the PS2s messing up.

I kept plugging and unplugging it from the ports on the front of my tv and almost completely burned them out. Best way to get them to replace your item without much of a hassle, since they will usually test the system or whatever is to say 'it figures, it gives me nothing but problems at my HOUSE, but I come here and it acts ok'.

That should work, as long as you mention some weird alleged problem(video problems, like I said my PS2 had) as soon as you bring it in with your PRP to try and get it replaced for the newer one.

Definiely Best Buy over Circuit City, I bought a replacement plan along with my just bought 360 as well. fuck sending it into Microsoft, I'll just pick up a new console off the shelf.

Nowadays they are pretty much all the same. Just make sure you ask when their service plan goes into effect. I found most plans don't go into effect until after the manufactory warranty ends.

bread's done
Back