Question about returning a PS4

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
So I got a PS4 for Christmas but I think I'd prefer an Xbox One.  Can I take an unopened PS4 back to somewhere like Target and return it for store credit and use it to buy an Xbox One?  I don't have a receipt although I think it may have been purchased on Amazon.

I'm really undecided as to which console I want to get but I enjoyed my Xbox 360 a ton more than my PS3 so I'm thinking that is the way to go.  If Target will accept the return, I think I'd be able to get the system with those 2 lousy Assassin's Creed games plus a $50GC for a game and have $50 left over for another game.  I'm thinking Far Cry 4 and Sunset Overdrive...

You certainly won't be able to at Target without a receipt... especially if it wasn't purchased at Target originally.

Only place that I can think of that would even entertain the idea is Walmart.

Hmmm... that stinks.  I suppose I could try Walmart... but I really hate that place LOL.  Does Amazon do returns?  I would need to track down the receipt but I'm not even sure it is feasible.

Hmmm... that stinks. I suppose I could try Walmart... but I really hate that place LOL. Does Amazon do returns? I would need to track down the receipt but I'm not even sure it is feasible.
This is what I base my earlier comment on... Target from what I understand will only do a non-receipt return once (maybe twice) a year for customers on items up to $70 in value. I may be off on the parameters but I know a $400 item would be a no go.

Amazon certainly accepts returns. I'm not sure if they revise their policy around the holidays but typically if it's just buyers remorse or "I don't want this" Then you're stuck paying return shipping. You would need the original order number to initiate the return.

If you have the time and are willing to put in the effort I think you'd do okay on here or a place like CL selling it for enough to buy a $350 X1 unit (Remember it is possible they'll go back to $399 soon) or doing an even trade. I'd imagine it would be much easier to go from PS4 to X1 like you intend then the reverse

Ummm Javeryh are you big on Microsoft exclusives?  Because if you're not I don't understand why you'd return your Playstation 4 for a One.

I wish you had the game bundle or could switch for that PS4 Javery because you could pick Far Cry 4.  Additionally, there's a PS4 perk where you can invite friends who don't have it to play with you.

I am not really big on any exclusives... the PS4 I have came with Far Cry 4 and Last of Us which I really want to play.  My son wants an Xbox One.. that's really all it comes down to I think.  I'll probably get the PS4 in a few years since I have traditionally owned all consoles in a generation but he is used to the Xbox controller and Xbox Live so I guess I'm just going with that.  Newegg has the Assassin's Creed bundle for $349 and it comes with a year of Live and an extra controller.  I think that's the best deal I'll see so I'm headed out to Best Buy for a price match this afternoon...

Got the price match and picked up Lego Batman 3 ($45 - ugh) and Lego Movie ($13).  I'm downloading Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Unity now.  Which should I play?  I have only played AC and AC2 in the series and sort of liked the second one but kind of grew tired of it.  So far the Xbox seems nice but I swear Lego Batman looks exactly like any other Lego game on the 360.

Got the price match and picked up Lego Batman 3 ($45 - ugh) and Lego Movie ($13). I'm downloading Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Unity now. Which should I play? I have only played AC and AC2 in the series and sort of liked the second one but kind of grew tired of it. So far the Xbox seems nice but I swear Lego Batman looks exactly like any other Lego game on the 360.
I was waiting for the price for Black Flag to go down since it came out last year and finally when all of the download codes hit Ebay I got Black Flag and Unity for $30 couldn't beat that. I haven't played unity yet, but Black Flag is great. From what I hear Unity has some problems there is so much to do in Black Flag that hopefully by the time I get to Unity it's fixed.

bread's done
Back