Question about returning warrantied PS3 @ walmart

punklivz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The disk drive has broke, it will not grip a disk at all. I have it warrantied at walmart for 2 years.. I am wondering what I need to return it, do they need the cables, or box it came in ? And how does it work? Will they be sending my ps3, and returning it, or is everything on the hard drive, pretty much gone?

Every store does it a little differently. The best way to find out would be to call the store or the toll free customer service number and ask.

If it's beyond their 90 day return policy, then you need follow whatever process is detailed on your extended warranty paperwork you received with the purchase.

If it's still under a year old, Sony will fix it regardless of what Walmart will do for it.

This might give you some idea on how to call Walmart on getting it replaced/repaired, though it's for a 3-year warranty, not the 2-year warranty you're talking about:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3-Year-Ex...versal/5640649?findingMethod=rr#ProductDetail

[quote name='punklivz']The disk drive has broke, it will not grip a disk at all. I have it warrantied at walmart for 2 years.. I am wondering what I need to return it, do they need the cables, or box it came in ? And how does it work? Will they be sending my ps3, and returning it, or is everything on the hard drive, pretty much gone?[/QUOTE]

Any device under warranty, once broken needs to be brought to the distributor's service center. As for your PS3 they may not require the cables or other accessories since the problem is mainly on the unit. But it is better to bring them just in case.

bread's done
Back