Question about returnning a DS Lite to Wal-Mart

Follandboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Over a month ago I preordered a DS Lite through Overstock.com and sold my old DS. Well after all of this time, I am really missing my DS. I want people to tell me how this plan sounds and if it would work.

I would go and buy a DS Lite from Wal-mart today.

When my DS Lite comes from Overstock.com, I will return that with the receipt to Wal-Mart and get my money back.

Would that work?

Thanks

[quote name='bmarquardt']No. Because each system has a unique serial number and the numbers won't match up when returning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

The fact that you're returning the same item you didn't buy there, aside, of course. :roll:

Just wait on your DS to show up from Overstock, and you won't have to worry about it.

[quote name='bmarquardt']No. Because each system has a unique serial number and the numbers won't match up when returning.[/QUOTE]

My receipt says VG Hardware. It does not have the serial number on it.

[quote name='munch']Wal-Mart doesn't ring up that serial number. So, I bet it would work.[/QUOTE]

I work at Wal-mart, and every DS Lite I've sold so far I've had to scan the serial number.

The only systems that don't require a serial scan are Xboxes and Xbox 360s.

When the PS 2 came out, if you tried to return one they were able to tell by the # if it was bought from a Walmart. I guess they might have a log of what number ranges they have from sony.

bread's done
Back