Question about shipping to Newegg. UPS? FedEX? USPS?

Rusty Ghia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've got a defective case fan that I've got an RMA for with Newegg. Now, I need to ship the thing to them. I've never had to ship anything before (except for sending my RRoD Xbox 360 to Microsoft, but that came with the box and labels and everything done) and I'm not certain who I should go with. USPS? FedEx? UPS? To me, they're all the same - they drop crap off at your house.

I don't want anything expensive, I'm just shipping it back. If it turns out to be too expensive, I'll just eat the cost. The damn fan only cost $8.00. I can scrounge up a little box to put it in, so I won't need to buy one. What type of service do I use to ship? First class?

Opinions?

Got to a large supermarket, they usually have shipping services at the customer service desk. And just ship it the cheapest way you can.

If it's under 1lb, USPS ends up being the most cost-effective way to ship. Even under a couple of pounds, I think USPS is still cheapest. First class is anything 13 oz. and under, anything higher than that would be priority mail or parcel post. Priority mail is 2-3 days shipping, parcel post is 4-10 days shipping, and pretty much the same cost.

If shipping via USPS, spring the $0.75 for a delivery confirmation, as you'll be able to see when the package shows up, and most places doing a RMA for something they need to replace require it to be trackable. UPS ground and FedEx ground would have tracking numbes by default, for USPS, it's additional.

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Supermarkets? I've never seen any kind of shipping service at the supermarkets here in California.[/quote]

Oh, well here in Michigan we have the Miejer chain of stores and you can have them ship things via UPS or USPS I think.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it's under 1lb, USPS ends up being the most cost-effective way to ship. Even under a couple of pounds, I think USPS is still cheapest. First class is anything 13 oz. and under, anything higher than that would be priority mail or parcel post. Priority mail is 2-3 days shipping, parcel post is 4-10 days shipping, and pretty much the same cost.

If shipping via USPS, spring the $0.75 for a delivery confirmation, as you'll be able to see when the package shows up, and most places doing a RMA for something they need to replace require it to be trackable. UPS ground and FedEx ground would have tracking numbes by default, for USPS, it's additional.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, off to the post office I go.

bread's done
Back