Question about store credit and my problem

Mex25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just today I went into a gamestop to buy SP:DA and all I had in my wallet was an gamestop more card, which I thought the employee last time gave me this card back and told me that I had $xx.xx amount money left. So when the employee rang up sp:da I gave him my more card and he said oh those aren't valid and he said do you have an ebgames edge card? and I told him "No, I don't." So basically as of this moment I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get back my money in store credit back. I was wondering if anyone ran into this kind of problem before if should I call customer support or should I go to the original gamestop store where the employee that gave me the more card and say, "Look I remember coming here a few weeks ago and I traded in some games and have a certain amount of store credit I would like to use but I tried using this more card but apparently I need an edge card."

most stores should be able to take those cards. so there are either one of two problems here.

1. the employee you talked to was a moron and doesnt know the system was updated to take the cards.

2. its one of the few stores that had a problem with said update, and still arent able to take the cards.

so you can go back to the store and try and talk to someone else, but it would probably be easier to just go to the original store.

So wait, all you got was a more card? As in one without a magnetic strip? Those can't store credit, they're only good for the 10% shit, if you don't have an edge card with a magnetic strip then you should've gotten a paper receipt with the amount on it.

[quote name='SpazX']So wait, all you got was a more card? As in one without a magnetic strip? Those can't store credit, they're only good for the 10% shit, if you don't have an edge card with a magnetic strip then you should've gotten a paper receipt with the amount on it.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking while reading the OP's question. Sounds like the employee that did the trade thought it had one and didn't think anything about it, and it might've cost the OP his trade-in credit.

[quote name='tangytangerine']That's what I was thinking while reading the OP's question. Sounds like the employee that did the trade thought it had one and didn't think anything about it, and it might've cost the OP his trade-in credit.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I'm worried about. Well it seems all I can do now is look for a receipt with my store credit written on it and if I can't find well then I'm going to ask for an edge card next time I trade something in because this is ridiculous.

[quote name='Mex25']That's exactly what I'm worried about. Well it seems all I can do now is look for a receipt with my store credit written on it and if I can't find well then I'm going to ask for an edge card next time I trade something in because this is ridiculous.[/quote]

If you preordered it, the credit will be in the system. But like the others have said, the would have needed to given you an Edge card if you didn't use the credit for anything or if the trade was over a month ago, you would have received a paper slip with the credit on it.

[quote name='allout1986']If you preordered it, the credit will be in the system. But like the others have said, the would have needed to given you an Edge card if you didn't use the credit for anything or if the trade was over a month ago, you would have received a paper slip with the credit on it.[/QUOTE]
I remember trading some games and buying dead rising a while back and I'm sure I didn't receive an edge card but I think my amount of store credit was on the receipt. The bad thing is I don't know what I did with the receipt.

[quote name='Mex25']I remember trading some games and buying dead rising a while back and I'm sure I didn't receive an edge card but I think my amount of store credit was on the receipt. The bad thing is I don't know what I did with the receipt.[/quote]

Ok, one thing that might be able to obtain the credit again is to have them call document control. Now there are no guarantees that they'll be able to find the credit, but if you can find out what day that you did the transaction (if it was in August or September, I think they can still look up that transaction info). Anyways, have as much info as you can. Bring your ID so they can check that it was you that did the trade and they they can call Document Control with the info and see if the credit was redeemed and since it hasn't been, they should be able to reissue a new credit in the form of the Edge Card.

As I said though, there is no guarantee this will work. If the employees don't know what document control is, its the phone number in the front of their Game Planner Book, AKA Red Book.

1.Stop trading your games in people. Sell them to us.

2. IF you want to get your money back from a trade in at gamestop just buy something a tab bit expensive keep it for four days and return the game unopened and presto all your money back.

Also if it was stated that you still have money then you should have gotten a recet.

bread's done
Back