Question about Target Extended Warranty

Hellhunt

CAGiversary!
So here it is - I have an xbox 360 elite that was purchased in July of 07, and the disc reader just crapped out. I have the extended service warranty from Target, with another 5 months left on the plan. Have any of you had luck with this? It seems that they want you to send in for repair, a la the xbox service, but has anyone had any luck actually bringing in the console itself to a Target store to try and get them to replace it?

Give Target a call and let the electronics department know your deal. Ask them what the warranty consists of if you are unsure of it.

[quote name='HydroX']Give Target a call and let the electronics department know your deal. Ask them what the warranty consists of if you are unsure of it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Target will be of much help. I'm sure they provide those extended warranties through a third party vendor. They'll probably just direct you to the warranty suppliers website.

If you have the warranty paperwork from when you purchased it, check that for a phone number or website to call/visit.

I do have the warranty paperwork, but I didn't know if anyone had any experience bringing in a box with the warranty, and talking them in to swapping it out.

Asurion apparently does the repairs. Anyone have any experience with them?

Target DOES NOT handle this in store. After the intial 90 days return period, extended warranties are handled through a THIRD PARTY and sent through the mail. There is nothing the target stores can do, you have to call the 1-800 number on the extended warranty card.

[quote name='Hellhunt']I do have the warranty paperwork, but I didn't know if anyone had any experience bringing in a box with the warranty, and talking them in to swapping it out.

Asurion apparently does the repairs. Anyone have any experience with them?[/QUOTE]

I had Asurion as my cell phone insurance carrier for years. When my cell phone broke once I had to pay them $50 and they sent me a new phone.

Then I cancelled it because I can get a new cell phone for $50 any day of the week, why would I pay $6-7 a month for that insurance?

No experience with Xbox 360's however.

[quote name='Hellhunt']So here it is - I have an xbox 360 elite that was purchased in July of 07, and the disc reader just crapped out. I have the extended service warranty from Target, with another 5 months left on the plan. Have any of you had luck with this? It seems that they want you to send in for repair, a la the xbox service, but has anyone had any luck actually bringing in the console itself to a Target store to try and get them to replace it?[/QUOTE]

same thing with me (same problem) but through Wal-Mart. They told me that their warranty doesn't start till the three year extension from MS is over with

I just called my warranty number and they are sending my my UPS labels and all that jazz. I wonder how long this whole process will take. Hopefully they can't fix it and give me a new one:)

[quote name='Hellhunt']I just called my warranty number and they are sending my my UPS labels and all that jazz. I wonder how long this whole process will take. Hopefully they can't fix it and give me a new one:)[/QUOTE]

Make sure you take off all the bits of your console before you send it in. The hard drive of course, but take the faceplate off as well. There's a 95% chance they will send it back with a new faceplate.

BOOM! Free faceplate. Paint it up, get silly with it.

Have any of you ever had any experience sending in an xbox to a non-microsoft repair center? Mine is being repaired by Warranty Logistics (Asurion) in Smyrna, TN.

bread's done
Back