Question about Target Return/price match policy (360 price drop)

Meehkaw

CAGiversary!
Hi all, I bought an xbox 360 Pro from Target at the end of July. It was $300 with a $50 gift card. When I bought it I had asked the salesperson on what I could do if there was a price drop soon. And he said I'd be able to take it back under certain terms that I can't remember.

Now with the rumored price drops of the Pro (pro for $250 with an extra controller/ elite for $300 also with an extra controller), I was wondering if :

1. anyone knows how they would handle my trade in? (Is it considered a price match or something else?) What do I tell them when I bring it back so they don't screw me over.
2. -Would I be eligible for the Elite (and pay the $50 GC) or
-would I just get an extra controller for the pro or
-will I get nothing?
3. Can anyone please confirm if the Elite comes with an HDMI cable also or not? ._.a ( I keep reading different things...)

I still have all the boxes and packaging that came with it and the receipt.

Any help is appreciated, sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

If you bought the console at $300 with a $50 GC, then the return value of the console is $250, since you paid in full for the GC. If you returned the console, you'd get $250 back towards another console, such as the Pro w/free controller or Elite w/free controller. Check the receipt to see if there's something like "Return Value: $249.99" or something like that on there.

From what multiple sources have said, the "new" Elite package doesn't come with a HDMI cable, though they're so cheap to pick up from Monoprice.com, it's a moot point. I think it only comes with composite cables as well.

I think you'd end up getting back $250 for the Pro return, since you can't return a gift card, and have one of two things happen:

1) You'd essentially do an even exchange and get the Pro w/extra controller, since you're returning a Pro @ $249.99 and buying one at $249.99 w/extra controller.
2) You'd pay $50 to get the Elite w/extra controller, which you could use the $50 GC to pay the difference. Ends up being a net $0 cost to you.

Hope that helps. The store's the final decision point on it, just so you know, as I'm just guessing.

k thank you. But yea, was wondering what kind of hassles they'd give me for trying to "return" a console i've used. It's not too beat up or anything. But it's been a while, and the thing is open.

If anyone was curious, the trade went very smoothly. Actually turned out not to be a trade at all. I told them they didn't have the bundle I wanted at their store when the site said they did. I asked if I could get a refund, and the guy just let me. W/o a restocking fee or anything.

Went to Toy's R us to buy a baby shower gift and saw the halo/fable version there. Hope it doesn't break easily, or if it does still within return policy :x

bread's done
Back