Question about the $40 bonus for Chase Amazon Visa

lolwut?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
I was thinking about signing up for the Amazon credit card because of the $40 bonus they always offer, but I'm not quite sure how it works; I don't have any other credit cards, so I'm not quite sure what they mean when they say that in a few days they will "credit" your card with the $40; does that mean that you will have an extra $40 tied to the card, sort of like having $40 on a giftcard? Or is it something different, where you get $40 worth of points for use on something later, but you have to pay out of pocket for your first purchase?

I'm trying to buy one (possibly two) of the digital XBL 1600 point cards from Amazon, if that makes any difference; I need some points tonight to buy some stuff tonight before the sale ends.

Thanks CAGs!

They did this a couple of years ago when I signed up for my card, though it was $30 and not $40.

On your first purchase with the card, on a purchase for $40 or more, they'll credit the $40 back to your card like you paid $40 on the account. It's credit back to your account for a past purchase, not in advance for future purchases.

You'd need to make a purchase of more than $40, two $19.99 cards will be $39.98. If you bought three of them, or something else with them that totaled over $40, then you'd be in the clear.

bread's done
Back