Question about the NES a/v cables

DaMonStEr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I'm confused as to which A/v cables to get. I see a generic A/v cable that is listed for GC/N64/SNES, is this compatible with the NES as well or does the NES use an exclusive a/v?

Any advice/links would be appreciated. Not really much of a retro gamer.

Totally answered the wrong question I was referring to the NES/SNES RF cable being the same thing.

The GC/N64/SNES one wont work.

Never tried it but I bet you could plug in any old r/w/y AV cable into the side plugs and it'd work just fine. Should be good enough for NES graphics and sound.

No, look for one compatible with the Genesis or Atari 2600/7800. The GC/N64 one is for the second model of SNES, the first was different, if I remember.

Yep, That's what I used. I even used the white and red audio cables. They all do the same thing, just different colors. I also found out that it's an entire world of difference between the a/v cables and the RF switch.

The NES does not support the same A/V cable, either see about getting an RF switch or just use the standard red and yellow cables on the side of the system.

[quote name='Sychophantom']No, look for one compatible with the Genesis or Atari 2600/7800. The GC/N64 one is for the second model of SNES, the first was different, if I remember.[/QUOTE]

I've had the original SNES and the mini, and it was the same a/v cable for both of those, the N64, and the Gamecube.

The original NES uses a standard composite cable, but only outputs mono sound.

The A/V Famicom and a small handful of US top-loader NES models support the Nintendo A/V cable that was standard for every SNES, N64, and US Gamecube console.

bread's done
Back