Question about the warranty...

Undertaker4eber

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok, I am going to go Thursday and get a 360 from Gamestop. Inside the box is there a card or something I can fill out and send to Mircrosoft to get the 1 or 2 year warranty for it? When I do, do they send me something back to let me know I have the warranty. Also when you buy systems at Gamestop dont they ask if you wanna get an extended warranty for it? How long is this for and which one would I be better off getting? I thank you all.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Ok, I am going to go Thursday and get a 360 from Gamestop. Inside the box is there a card or something I can fill out and send to Mircrosoft to get the 1 or 2 year warranty for it? When I do, do they send me something back to let me know I have the warranty. Also when you buy systems at Gamestop dont they ask if you wanna get an extended warranty for it? How long is this for and which one would I be better off getting? I thank you all.[/quote]

It took quite a long time, but I eventually received a certificate with a phone number to call (if I have a problem) and the terms of my warranty on it. (More than a month after I sent the card in, methinks.) I think there was only a two year option on the card packed with the 360, but I believe you can get a one year by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX. I have no idea what extended warranties are offered at the stores, as I got mine through overstock.

[quote name='Rig']It took quite a long time, but I eventually received a certificate with a phone number to call (if I have a problem) and the terms of my warranty on it. (More than a month after I sent the card in, methinks.) I think there was only a two year option on the card packed with the 360, but I believe you can get a one year by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX. I have no idea what extended warranties are offered at the stores, as I got mine through overstock.[/QUOTE]

What are your payment options when sending it in? Just a credit card? Also if I have to send it in for repairs will I need to pay for another warranty or is it 2 years no matter how often I have to send it in?

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']What are your payment options when sending it in? Just a credit card? Also if I have to send it in for repairs will I need to pay for another warranty or is it 2 years no matter how often I have to send it in?[/quote]

Hmmm...I don't remember exactly, as it was a couple months ago, but I'm pretty sure you could also use a check or money order. (And a credit card of course.) And you have unlimited repairs within that two years. You could send it in ten times if necessary and you wouldn't pay a dime, as long as it's during the two year coverage. Hope I helped.

Is shipping still covered by MS though? I've heard from a few people who have the warranty that they ask you to pay for the shipping to them now.

[quote name='Rig']Hmmm...I don't remember exactly, as it was a couple months ago, but I'm pretty sure you could also use a check or money order. (And a credit card of course.) And you have unlimited repairs within that two years. You could send it in ten times if necessary and you wouldn't pay a dime, as long as it's during the two year coverage. Hope I helped.[/QUOTE]

You have helped quite a bit. I thank you. Does anyone else know about Gamestops extended warranty though? And which one Id be better off with.

I know nothing about GS extended warranty. But if you get MS warranty, it's easier to just call them, don't mail the bullshit form in and hope for the best. I called. Took 5 minutes.

What does it mean on the warranty form that comes in the box that says "I'd rather delay payment by charging $49.90 to my credit card"?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is shipping still covered by MS though? I've heard from a few people who have the warranty that they ask you to pay for the shipping to them now.[/quote]

I haven't heard this. I would assume that even if they tried to pull that, you could probably argue with them, to the point where'd they pay for the shipping.[/quote]

[quote name='arrrggghhh']What does it mean on the warranty form that comes in the box that says "I'd rather delay payment by charging $49.90 to my credit card"?[/quote]

It's just another way of saying you are using your credit card to pay. "Technically" you aren't paying for the service when you send it to them; you pay for it when you get your credit card bill in the mail.

[quote name='arrrggghhh']What does it mean on the warranty form that comes in the box that says "I'd rather delay payment by charging $49.90 to my credit card"?[/QUOTE]

It means they'll charge your card when they process your application, but I seem to remember that was $5 or $10 cheaper, so I went with that option. The card was charged 2 or so weeks later, got my warranty info about 2 months after I mailed the stuff in.

I have the same dilemma. I just bought another 360 after mine crappped out on me. I got it at CC since they had the free extra wireless controller included. Now CC warrenty is about 69.99 and what they do is you send the broken 360 to a certain place they tell you then n 7-10 days you recieve a gift card for the purchase price. I wonder if that wasy is better then the MS warrenty. Any opinions let me know.

I bought the warranty from Best Buy for my launch 360. It crapped out on me about 2 months ago. Went to Best Buy with my paperwork and walked out with a new 360 in about 10 minutes. They just plugged it in, saw the red lights, walked over and grabbed a new one for me. Had to buy a new warranty extension for the new 360 though. Think it was about $50.

So basically itll be cheaper if I buy the warranty thru Microsoft where I can send it in multiple times as opposed to the store level where I can exchange just once?

[quote name='Rig']It took quite a long time, but I eventually received a certificate with a phone number to call (if I have a problem) and the terms of my warranty on it. (More than a month after I sent the card in, methinks.) I think there was only a two year option on the card packed with the 360, but I believe you can get a one year by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX. I have no idea what extended warranties are offered at the stores, as I got mine through overstock.[/quote]

Thats nothing i bought my 360 on launch and sent in the card on November 23rd. and i didnt recieve my warranty info until August yes AUGUST. took them 9+ months to get me mine but of course they were doing a launch then too and all this other stuff.

Im just glad my launch console is working great to this very day ( WHAT WAS THAT_) *BOOM* *BOOM *BOOM* (looks at 360 and sees smoke rising and the red lights of death are imprinted on everything he owns) NOOOOOOOoooooooo.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I have the same dilemma. I just bought another 360 after mine crappped out on me. I got it at CC since they had the free extra wireless controller included. Now CC warrenty is about 69.99 and what they do is you send the broken 360 to a certain place they tell you then n 7-10 days you recieve a gift card for the purchase price. I wonder if that wasy is better then the MS warrenty. Any opinions let me know.[/quote]
DO THAT DO THAT DO THAT.

i know i will on every console i buy from now on
just think about it you buy a PS3 there for 600 ok.
THen when the price drops below 200 you just send it in(backup your saves) and you get a 600 dollar giftcard.
Then you go to circuitcity and buy another and you have 400 bux to spend. Talk about thinking bout the future huh.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']DO THAT DO THAT DO THAT.

THen when the price drops below 200 you just send it in(backup your saves) and you get a 600 dollar giftcard.
Then you go to circuitcity and buy another and you have 400 bux to spend. Talk about thinking bout the future huh.[/QUOTE]

Yea thats not bad. I think I will go with MS's warreny which is 49.90 for 2 years.

[quote name='XMastaCrackaX']DO THAT DO THAT DO THAT.

Then you go to circuitcity and buy another and you have 400 bux to spend. Talk about thinking bout the future huh.[/QUOTE]

for a new system to drop from 600 to 200, you probably would have to wait 5 years lol

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is shipping still covered by MS though? I've heard from a few people who have the warranty that they ask you to pay for the shipping to them now.[/quote]

I was told by MS that as of October 16, 2006, the customer is now responsible for shipping the repair item to them. I am on my 3rd 360 and I hope it's the last!

i've had my system replaced once already and shipping was free for me... But i'm a preferred customer seeing as how i went through 4 original xboxes....i've got Live Support on Speed dial. It's sad.

bread's done
Back