Question about tranfering xbox harddrive

Dustin Echoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay, I want to buy the new Halo Xbox LE. But is there a way to transfer my saves and mp3s from my current xbox to this new one? There are some games that save only to the harddrive and I would hate to lose these saves since I am then going to sell my current xbox. Any help appreciated.

from the xbox dashboard you can actually transfer pretty much any file to an xbox memcard. yes, even you cant do it in-game.

Some games will not allow you to transfer them to memory card. KOTOR, DOA vball, and a coupla others. I would suggest google on transfer xbox files or something to the affect.

If you have a lot of saves like I do, it would be a pain to use 8 MB memory cards to do it. FTP them to your PC first if possible.

[quote name='extremep']If you have a lot of saves like I do, it would be a pain to use 8 MB memory cards to do it. FTP them to your PC first if possible.[/quote]

Does that require a different dashboard or a mod chip?

I was forced to do this same thing recently and I just happened to have the best solution ever (though this won't apply to everyone and is a bit pricey if you don't already have the materials like I did).

What you need:

-USB Flash drive
-XBox PSO USB keyboard adapter

Plug the adapter into the controller, and the flash drive into the adapter. Voila, I had a 128MB (About 7,500 blocks I think) memory card.

Yeah, some games like Ninja Gaiden aren't supported by memory units. Your best bet would be to get a FTP program from the internet; however, you need a mod for this. Check out xbox-scene.com's message boards/links for more info.

well considering how many people mod their xbox, it must not be that hard to open it up and unplug the drive. Maybe you should just open it and swap the entire drive.

Will you have the two Xboxes at the same time, or are you going to trade your first one in before you get the LE? If not, you can use a crossover cable to just transfer all your saves over to the new XBox.

bread's done
Back