Question for anyone who has sold $200+ items on amazon

Brian9824

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (99%)
Just sold an anime dvd set for $250 and i'm just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions.

Planning to ship w/ insurance and signature confirmation and take pictures of the item before and after it goes into the box. Just curious though if anyone has any other suggestions to play it safe.

I've sold two of the SFIV Tournament sticks when they first came out for over $400 each and just recently sold a sealed Tetris DS for $180. I sent them out with insurance, signature required and delivery confirmation. I didn't have any issues with anyone...except that it's hard to get people to give you any kind of feedback on Amazon :bomb:

I think taking picture is a good idea, as I did with the tournament sticks. Not much else I can suggest, except maybe hand writing a thank you note to your buyer for their purchase.

Well it looks like i'll be cancelling his order - he is using Aramex a shipping company that forwards packages to people in the Middle East. Its a big company and totally legit but it means I wouldn't be able to use signature confirmation and I would have 0 protection so its not worth it.

Ahh n/m. Found this in amazon's policy

Product(s) Shipped with Signature Confirmation Tracking  Tracking Shows Delivery and Buyer Claims Item Not Received
If the name on the signature confirmation matches the buyer, the A-to-z Guarantee team will deny the claim. If signature confirmation does not match the buyer, the A-to-z Guarantee team will deny the claim and ask the buyer to follow-up with the individual that signed for the package. Guarantee claims for packages that are signed for by a freight forwarder or an agent of the buyer (e.g. receptionist, family member) will be denied. However, if an investigation determines that the customer did not receive the order due to a shipping error beyond his or her control, the seller may be held liable. We anticipate that this would be a very rare occurrence

So i can still use signature confirmation and be protected if he claims it wasn't recieved which was all I was worried about.

You should be OK. My general rule is anything worth over $50 gets Signature Confirmation and anything over $75 gets Signature Confirmation and Insurance.

Also, so true with no one leaving you feedback. I've only picked up 7 feedbacks so far on over 40 items sold.

I sold a TV awhile ago on Amazon and had a problem with the buyer claiming that it was broken. But they gave absolutely no details about what happened. I responded to Amazon saying I wanted details and pics because I had insurance for it. The buyer never responded and the issue was dropped. I know they were just trying to get the TV for free.

But definitely get signature confirmation and insurance. The more the better.

[quote name='Josef']You should be OK. My general rule is anything worth over $50 gets Signature Confirmation and anything over $75 gets Signature Confirmation and Insurance.

Also, so true with no one leaving you feedback. I've only picked up 7 feedbacks so far on over 40 items sold.[/QUOTE]

I have two out of 25 :cry:

bread's done
Back