Question For Gamestop Employees

PapiChullo

CAGiversary!
What kind of discount do you get off of used games for working there?

My cousin is probably going to get a job there in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to decide if his discount would be worth holding out for Tiger Woods.

I don't work at GS, but I know it's 15% on everything. There is also a discount to Barnes & Nobles / Dalton bookstores... >_> The more you know!

[quote name='Chronis']I don't work at GS, but I know it's 15% on everything. There is also a discount to Barnes & Nobles / Dalton bookstores... >_> The more you know![/QUOTE]
Correct--discount stacks with the Edge card for used items, also--if you have one, it's technically 25% off used games/accessories.

B&N discount is something like 30%.

and besides, it always helps to have someone on the inside. I work at a gamestore, but for promotional items and gamestop collectors editions, I know the manager at my local gamestops, so he always gives me that stuff without pre-orders. but of course I still have to pay for it.

[quote name='Chronis']I don't work at GS, but I know it's 15% on everything. There is also a discount to Barnes & Nobles / Dalton bookstores... >_> The more you know![/quote]

It's actually 15% on everything except new consoles.

hey about that, I just bought a psp and what's the deal with the 30 day guaruntee?? Is it a no questions asked type deal? Or does the system have to be seriously flawed.

Reason I ask, is because they left a silver sticker on the aluminum ring on the disc tray and that bothers the hell out of me, and the left shoulder button doesnt click like the right side (the right side is normal...)

Are these reasons I can return it for a different one? Or am I stuck with the "qc" refurbished one?

To any gs employee that can help me with this,

Thanks a lot!

[quote name='sevin300zx']hey about that, I just bought a psp and what's the deal with the 30 day guaruntee?? Is it a no questions asked type deal? Or does the system have to be seriously flawed.

Reason I ask, is because they left a silver sticker on the aluminum ring on the disc tray and that bothers the hell out of me, and the left shoulder button doesnt click like the right side (the right side is normal...)

Are these reasons I can return it for a different one? Or am I stuck with the "qc" refurbished one?

Thanks a lot![/quote]

It'll be YMMV on this. If somebody comes into my store with a problem like that, it's all about how they communicate with me about it. I'll be serious, if somebody comes in "Hey I bought this and I don't like how this sticker is on it change it now." I won't do it. But if you say that the left sholder button sticks, they should do it for you.

[quote name='sevin300zx']hey about that, I just bought a psp and what's the deal with the 30 day guaruntee?? Is it a no questions asked type deal? Or does the system have to be seriously flawed.

Thanks a lot![/quote]

Well, I returned my PSP I bought from them when the down button would ocassionally stick. I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't going to exchange it until he saw that the down button did indeed stick. So as long as you prove there is something wrong with the left shoulder, you probably could return it. >_> Also, try and be friendly. That way even if your shoulder problem isn't bad enough, the guy still might exchange it for you.

[quote name='snakelda']do you know if there will be a trade in your psp for a psp slim offer or something to that effect?[/quote]

I am going to take a GUESS and say if they do something it'll be "Get a PSP Slim for $120 after trade in of PSP" which is really just a $20 increase on the trade in value. If I hear anything before it's posted here (probably Friday) then I'll let you guys know.

bread's done
Back