Question for those CAGs that use Gamefly

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
1. Gamefly is a decent deal right? I mean IMO you save a ton of money by being able to play through shallow single player games that you would never want to buy but still want to play (Area 51, Lost, etc.).

2. Let's say I have Turok a low availability game 1st on my queue. Does that mean it will wait and wait until it has one available to send it? Or will it send the next item on my list F.E.A.R. Files since it's high availability? Thanks guys!

[quote name='Nealocus123']1. Gamefly is a decent deal right? I mean IMO you save a ton of money by being able to play through shallow single player games that you would never want to buy but still want to play (Area 51, Lost, etc.).

2. Let's say I have Turok a low availability game 1st on my queue. Does that mean it will wait and wait until it has one available to send it? Or will it send the next item on my list F.E.A.R. Files since it's high availability? Thanks guys![/quote]

1) I think you summed up why I (and many others) subscribed to Gamefly. Since I got it, I have saved a ton by not buying games I really wanted to play, but would have ended up trading in or something (Assassin's Creed is a great example).

2) Generally, if games have low availability, they will be skipped over. The best way to guarantee you will receive the game you want is to completely clear your queue. Yeah, I know, it stinks, but if you only have one game, they will send you that one game, no matter what (well, assuming the game has actually been released).

I tried GameFly for a bit, and I honestly can't take the pressure of rushing myself through games to get the most out of my subscription. I like to play a game just a bit as I feel like it, and it takes me awhile for me to beat games unless I get really interested in it. So I cancelled. But it might work well with some people.

Thanks for the quick response. I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to wait two weeks for Turok to come when I could have been playing F.E.A.R. Files or Viva Pinata ya know?

yeah, when i clear my list for availability games listed as "low," i usually get them in a 4 day wait. its a crapshoot with those games mostly.

Try it for a couple of months and see how you like it, then see if you can sign up for an extended pre-play plan. You save quite a bit if it's in your budget. I pay $25.55 each month for a 3 game plan based on a year pre-pay. It totally works for me.

[quote name='LuisRM']Try it for a couple of months and see how you like it, then see if you can sign up for an extended pre-play plan. You save quite a bit if it's in your budget. I pay $25.55 each month for a 3 game plan based on a year pre-pay. It totally works for me.[/quote]

How is one able to obtain a pre-paid plan? I would most put the money up front to get a 3-game plan for that much.

bread's done
Back