Question for those who dont use screen protectors on 3DS/DS systems

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!
I just got a 3DS xl and always make a habit of buying screen protectors. I screwed up applying the bottom screen protector and ended up throwing it away.

My question is, for those who are careful and dont use screen protectors, do you ever have any problems like scratches just showing up? I dont have kids using the system nor use it irresponsibly, so am wondering if I really even need the screen protectors, since I really dont plan on buying another one just for the bottom screen.

I've never had a problem with my DS Lite, and it's close to a launch model, however old that is. Haven't had a problem yet with my 3ds but thinking of getting them based on how the screens overlap.

I had the original 3ds from launch and it did get marks on the screen from the bottom screen but I was able to always wipe them off, no scratches. When I sold it, even the person that bought it said it was in amazing condition. I am not to worried about scratches on my XL. If they have screen protectors in the store I might think about it. But really I am not worried. I am just looking for a frickin case!

Thanks for the info, I did manage to get the screen protector on the top screen with no problems, so hopefully that will be good enough. I wonder if the cases made for the DSI XL would fit the 3DS XL?

After finally sitting down and getting a chance to play it, i noticed a weird feeling when the top of my thumb brushed against the left side of the 3DS XL where the volume control was.

I take a look and the bottom part of the blue plastic shell is not even attached and I could not get it attached, it was just hanging loose (The right side of the blue shell was fine), it looks pretty cheaply made seeing that. I was going to take a picture but felt so disgusted just put it right back in the box. Looks like its going back and not sure if I even want to exchange it, just glad that it was purchased locally.

I used to be one of the "I don't abuse the touch screen, so I won't scratch it" crowd.

Then I played Trauma Center.

I've never bothered with a top screen protector, but I couldn't imagine playing something like Elite Beat Agents without one on the bottom screen.

bread's done
Back