Question on Backwards Compatability

PhoenixT

CAGiversary!
Hey guys I"m looking to pick up a 360 this weekend using a combination of some gamestop credit and my own funds and I was wondering how the backwards compatability with xbox game is handled for new xbox games coming out. Obviously the files to run them can't be on the 360's harddrive being the game just came out and being that I cannot connect to xbox live due to not having broadband as an option in my area I can't just connect to live for updates.

Would there be any other way to update the harddrive to run any titles not listed on the backward compatabilty list as shipped from the factory without the use of live. Main reason I"m asking is I'm kind of interested in the new MK game coming out this october but to my knowledge its an xbox title not a 360 title so I"m fairly certain its not going to have the coding to load on the 360 so that it can run it.

Check with the Offical XBOX magazine that comes with the CD. Maybe they have the files there? I'm only speculating, as I have never read the magazine. Also an email to Customer Support might help.

bread's done
Back