Question on Error E68

Artrigis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey, I played my xbox earlier today and was doing fine. Turned it off, and on again about an hour later, at which point its glowing red telling me error E68, which I know to be a problem with the hard drive.

I have a slim console, and I re-purposed an old 20gb hard drive into the new slim cases and put it in, I did this 5-6 months ago.

My question though, after getting this error I turned my console off and back on again, when turning on it worked perfectly fine, and has been the last half hour.

So is it normal to experience an error, and then immediately after have it working perfect?

I took out the hard drive and repositioned it back in, cleaning both it and my xbox with an air cleaner.

This has happened to me at a time where I have a lot of options, my warranty expires on the 27th. And with black friday coming up I could get another one for $140 (which I have in amazon gift cards)

So has anyone else had this error (e68) or another error a single time, and then the xbox completely recovered and acted as if nothing happened?

bread's done
Back