Question on faceplate on PSP

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
The faceplace similar to a GBA Micro plate which has a protective glass/plastic that is over the screen?

If it gets scratched, you buy a new one and snap it on. Clear screen again.

I was thinking of getting one, but wanted to know in case I stumble upon a good deal but the screen is scratched a bit.

Thanks

The actual LCD screen is under the faceplate. The faceplate itself has a clear "screen" (protective area), so if you scratch that you can easily replace the entire faceplate. Hope that helps.

[quote name='Dark Zero']The actual LCD screen is under the faceplate. The faceplate itself has a clear "screen" (protective area), so if you scratch that you can easily replace the entire faceplate. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='AshesofWake']for the slim as well?[/QUOTE]

I would guess so, but confirmation by an owner or one that knows would be nice.

You can replace the faceplate, but it's not that easy. You'll need a #000 screwdriver (about $5 at Home Depot) and it will void your warrantee. The faceplates themselves aren't the cheapest things, and you might have trouble finding your color.

[quote name='BIG5']You can replace the faceplate, but it's not that easy. You'll need a #000 screwdriver (about $5 at Home Depot) and it will void your warrantee. The faceplates themselves aren't the cheapest things, and you might have trouble finding your color.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I spot the faceplates on Ebay, bunch of them for around 10 and guessed how well they are made.

I can confirm it for my Slim since I already removed the faceplate amoung other things and can confirm it for the Fat aswell.

You shouldn't have trouble getting your color on ebay, you can even have fun and swap to another color.

Things of note, it will void the warranty as theres a screw underneath the warranty seal inside the battery compartment. Once all proper screws are removed, it might take slight force to remove it. The actual LCD screen has a trim/border that is sticky so it sticks to the face plate. It helps to prevent dust getting into the actual LCD screen. Just be careful not to damage it or if any buttons pop out of their places, the Slim is cramped inside. Other then that, its pretty easy and straight forward.

If you need any help or advice feel free to send me a PM or I'll post here.

bread's done
Back