Question on ordering from Amazon with free shipping

meerkatgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm thinking of ordering the okami art book on Amazon.com with the Free super saving shipping or another shipping I'm wondering if I do the free shipping will the book be shiped in a box or something else I'm kinda afraid it'll get damaged during shipping..

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I'm thinking of ordering the okami art book on Amazon.com with the Free super saving shipping or another shipping I'm wondering if I do the free shipping will the book be shiped in a box or something else I'm kinda afraid it'll get damaged during shipping..[/quote]

It's hit and miss anymore with Amazon shipping lately.. Atleast for me

I have Amazon Prime, and a lot of the times, things get shipped in boxes. However, I've had plenty of things lately come in padded envolopes.. so who really knows with something like free shipping

I ordered that World of Disgaea book from Amazon and it came in a box. In fact, all of my orders from Amazon have come in boxes, and I usually do a few a month.

Every order I get from Amazon comes in a box (official Amazon that is). Even DVDs/single games come in boxes. This is with Super Saver Shipping too.

Always in a box if it's actually from Amazon. And 95% of the time, within the box, the book or game is shrinkwrapped to a cardboard backing, keeping it even more secure. The backing is wider than the book, so the book can't bounce around inside the box and ding up the corners.

Amazon typically packages their items adequately, and usually they box everything, but the other day I got 2 DS games and a CD together in a bubble mailer. Fortunately the CD case did not get cracked during shipping, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it had. I guess I was lucky. But I order from Amazon a LOT and I would say 95% of the time they package my items so well that it doesn't even occur to me the items might have arrived damaged. If it were me ordering the Okami art book I would go ahead and risk it.

The only thing I got from Amazon in an envelope was the Orange Box PC when it was a DotD. I remember that one since the side of the box was broken when I opened it. Everything else I ordered has come in a well packed box though and I always order with free shipping.

Even on the off chance it does come damaged, I'm sure Amazon would be more than willing to replace it or offer a refund.

I have bought tons of stuff from amazon using the free saver shipping and it always comes well packed in a amazon box sometimes with a air bubble or sometimes they seal it in between a piece of cardboard and plastic.

No worries, if I was gonna choose a website for the best packed shipments I would choose amazon.

I order from Amazon several times a month and I always choose the free shipping option. I have received stuff in a box every single time. CDs, games, books, whatever has always been well packed and protected. You have nothing to worry about.

98% of the time my items come in boxes, but recently i ordered 2 books and they came in padded cardboard wrapped in plastic. Never had probs with games but I'm not sure about books, if you're planning on ordering some media product with your book it should come in a box.

Does the free super saver shipping always take a bit to ship? This is my first order- I got the Indiana Jones box set and Primal Fear. It says the items won't ship until June 2nd?

Both items said they were ready so I'm a bit confused as to why it says ship June 2nd, estimated arrival June 9th-13th.

I've only had one item from Amazon not come in a box. All books I have ordered from them (a lot since I do some of my textbook shopping there) have been shrink wrapped to a cardboard backing and always come in perfect condition.

Sometimes super saver shipping is a bit slow to get out, at least the last few times for me. I bought P3 FES and the game wasn't going to ship for at least a week. I canceled that order, paid for shipping, and got the game before the ship date (The game was expected to arrive after I moved out of my place originally, so there was a reason). Normally the estimated ship date is never the actual ship date as they are generally able to get it out ahead of time. It is affected by availability of the item, or just how backed up they are. 90% of the time I have no problem with the speed of their shipping.

About 80% of the items I've ordered from Amazon have come in a cardboard box, usually shrunkwrapped to a cardboard backer, and tossed into the box.

The other times, it's come in a bubble mailer. I think it depends on the item and which warehouse it comes from, though it's only been 1-3 games/movies that have come in a bubble mailer.

Shipping-wise, even with Super Saver Shipping, most of the time, it's come via USPS Media mail, though more than a few times, it's been UPS shipping. Usually, if the order isn't 100% games or movies, it comes UPS usually without fail. I've found a few cheap items to toss in as filler that weren't movies or games, and that usually triggers the item coming via UPS.

[quote name='Moxio']They come in boxes. However, expect free shipping to be as slow as fossilized shit.[/quote]Not really, all the packages I have gotten have been shipped either first class or priority.

I've used both their free and standard shipping options. Everytime usually my DVDs/CDs are packed in an cardboard box. In the box itself they are sealed within an plastic wrap with an piece of cardboard to keep the product from jittering around the box during shipping.

I don't mind paying for the standard shipping. Most of the time I'm usually ordering at least 3-5 items. 95% of the time they come right from the Minneapolis shipping center which means I typically get my stuff within 1-2 days tops.

bread's done
Back