Question re: new black 360 media remote

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have the older white xbox 360 media remote, the bigger one where you can also control your TV.

It works okay, except it does not seem to be fully compatible with my HDTV (I have an LG 47SL90). I can turn the TV on/off and change channels and volume, but I cannot select the input.

I'm wondering, with the new redesigned black remote, would it have better compatibility with TVs, such that I may be able to switch inputs using the media remote? That would mean I could put my TV remote away and reduce the number of remotes I have around by one.

Alternatively, are there other universal remotes that have xbox 360 compatibility, that I could use with both my TV and the 360? The advantage of a 3rd party universal remote is that I could also program it to a few of my other devices too (audio receiver, etc). I know about the logitech harmony series, I'm hesitant to get that though since it seems far too large and expensive for what I am thinking of. Is the harmony the only other alternative?

Ruahrc

I have the black xbox 360 media remote and a 42" LG TV in my bedroom. The remote controls all the features on my TV so I no longer need the LG remote.

The xbox 360 remote will change the station, volume, select the inputs, access menu features and power the TV on/off.

The only thing I dislike about it is that you need to point the remote EXACTLY at the friggen sensor on the 360 or it will be non responsive for xbox 360 commands. I guess I'm spoiled by the PS3 remote (bluetooth) where you can point it in any damn direction and it responds fine

bread's done
Back