Question to current and former Gamestop employees

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
A couple of my games have a part of the disc cracked in the ring ( see picture )

DSC_1586.jpg

My question is if I am able to still trade these games in? They work perfectly fine and it is just the plastic around the little "donut hole" that is chipped.

Never worked at that crap hole but if it works theyll take it back.

Keep your options open since places like best buy amazon gamefly usually pay more though.

[quote name='danishmaggot']A couple of my games have a part of the disc cracked in the ring ( see picture )

DSC_1586.jpg

My question is if I am able to still trade these games in? They work perfectly fine and it is just the plastic around the little "donut hole" that is chipped.[/QUOTE]

your best bet is to trade in at bestbuy, they take will most likely take it.

they won't bitch, i remember when i use to worked there, we always got people trading games like that.
However, they won't accept a disc with chips inside the doughnut hole.
U know what i mean?

[quote name='NoelVermillion']they won't bitch, i remember when i use to worked there, we always got people trading games like that.
However, they won't accept a disc with chips inside the doughnut hole.
U know what i mean?[/QUOTE]

I think I know what you mean. Thank you!

[quote name='jle7385']Cut your fingernails man...jeeze...maybe thats what cracked your disc.[/QUOTE]

This

Depends on the store and the clerk.. at my store we would dock you the repair fee so we did not have to sell that crap back to our customers.

[quote name='jle7385']Cut your fingernails man...jeeze...maybe thats what cracked your disc.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that is my wife that is holding the game.

[quote name='Rollett']Depends on the store and the clerk.. at my store we would dock you the repair fee so we did not have to sell that crap back to our customers.[/QUOTE]

Well that is all good and fine, but its not like a cracked the disc on purpose. It came from repeatedly taking the disc in and out of its case. I take very good care of my games, but this has seemed to happen to newer games (same problem with Skyrim). Because of this I now take all the games that I regularly play and put them in a cd wallet.

@ ianharwood

Its a great album :D

honestly, i feel like most times that i trade in the employee barely even inspects the game's condition. as long as it isn't scratched to hell.

[quote name='danishmaggot']Well that is all good and fine, but its not like a cracked the disc on purpose. It came from repeatedly taking the disc in and out of its case. I take very good care of my games, but this has seemed to happen to newer games (same problem with Skyrim). Because of this I now take all the games that I regularly play and put them in a cd wallet.

@ ianharwood

Its a great album :D[/QUOTE]

You asked, i told i don't care why it has cracks in it and they probably don't either.. Also have not worked there in several years.

I've actually bought 2 or 3 games like that at Gamestop, mostly PS2 games I picked up in the past month or so.

Odds are they'll take it and not even give a shit.

[quote name='danishmaggot']Haha, that is my wife that is holding the game.[/QUOTE]

LOL i had to scroll up to see if you were possibly female because I thought you had very feminine hands.
Gamestop took my godfather 2 that had a crack but it was in december before christmas and they were busy.

[quote name='Rollett']Depends on the store and the clerk.. at my store we would dock you the repair fee so we did not have to sell that crap back to our customers.[/QUOTE]

This. I'd refurb it at the store I work for as well.

Look at it this way... Would you want to buy a pre-owned disc that looked the same way?

[quote name='sasukekun']This. I'd refurb it at the store I work for as well.

Look at it this way... Would you want to buy a pre-owned disc that looked the same way?[/QUOTE]

Since when is it possible to fix cracks and chips on a disc? A refurb fee on something like this is pretty bogus and a majority of the time that you get hit with a refurb fee they don't even send it to be buffed.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Since when is it possible to fix cracks and chips on a disc? A reefurb fee on something like this is pretty bogus and a majority of the time that you get hit with a refurb fee they don't even send it to be buffed.[/QUOTE]

They fix that crack in the inner plastic area by putting round silver stickers over the plastic. Look at the used games you've gotten from Gamestop, and you'll probably find one. See in the picture at the top of this thread how you can see the xbox holo's on the center ring? That area will all be a silver sticker.
My store charges a refurb fee for that too, assuming they catch it when they check the discs.

Oh wow. One of the games I bought during the B2G1 did in fact have a sticker on the inner ring and I was wondering what the hell that was about. I think it's pretty ridiculous that they would charge $1.00 for that (or is it 2.00? I haven't seen a refurb fee in a while but I also haven't traded in to GameStop lately.) For buffing the disc, sure that's a fair price but I would rather them NOT put a sticker on it personally. That just doesn't really make much sense to me.

I install every game that I'm going to play on my 360 so at most it is spinning for the ~10 minutes it takes to install and the short period it takes to verify it whenever I boot it up.

bread's done
Back