Questions about Gamestop return policy...

gpgorbosjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
For a while I had not been spending a lot of time on gaming, but lately I have been trying to dedicate more time to it.

I've been buying some games from Gamestop. I've returned a few already either because of financial reasons or realizing I'm not going to have time to play it so it'd be wiser to hold off.

Anyway, now that I've actually been playing the games right away I am also getting 1000 gamerscore in a lot of games within the week I purchase it.....you should know where I'm going with this.

1. Does Gamestop flag you if you start to return games a lot? The people at the store never even ask me why, and in some cases suggest I buy short games and then return them when done.

2. Can I buy a game from Gamestop x and return it to Gamestop y?

1. As far as I know, the computer won't flag you, but employees might. It all depends on your buy/return ratio. Keep more things than you return. And subscriptions and pre-orders can't hurt. ;)

2. Yes. But keep in mind my first answer.

[quote name='Access_Denied']1. As far as I know, the computer won't flag you, but employees might. It all depends on your buy/return ratio. Keep more things than you return. And subscriptions and pre-orders can't hurt. ;)

2. Yes. But keep in mind my first answer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I am always a powerup member, I don't preorder a lot there just because BB always offers a better deal.

I do buy a crap load of games that I keep though from them.

So what you are saying is you are basically using them as a free rental service. You do realize that is pretty much fraud right?

If it's only like once or twice a month that you do this you are probably fine. As an employee there though I know some may look down on the practice if you are doing this on a weekly basis and they may refuse the return. Just a heads up! Don't make it too frequent

[quote name='Spyder187']So what you are saying is you are basically using them as a free rental service. You do realize that is pretty much fraud right?[/QUOTE]

It's not fraud, it's their return policy. You can return a game within 7 days if you don't like it. I wouldn't like a game if I beat it in 7 days, so I would return it.

[quote name='Spyder187']So what you are saying is you are basically using them as a free rental service. You do realize that is pretty much fraud right?[/QUOTE]

Don't even come at me with that. GameStop frequently advertises it as a policy where you can return the game if your "unhappy with it" not just if it doesn't work. If I can 1000 the game in a week with my schedule that's not a game I want to keep.

Fraud would be if there policy was to only accept returns on non-working games and I scratched it up or just tried to say it didn't work. They don't even ask you why your returning the games.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']If it's only like once or twice a month that you do this you are probably fine. As an employee there though I know some may look down on the practice if you are doing this on a weekly basis and they may refuse the return. Just a heads up! Don't make it too frequent[/QUOTE]

Yea, well if its a good game or a game I can get more than a week a play out of I wouldn't think of returning it. But, for example, I bought X-Blades the other day and I already have 950 in it and it sucks as a game. So why would I want to keep that?

Also, at my GS, whenever I mention wanting to buy a game but thinking its a little pricier than what I wanted to spend for it they always tell me to beat it and return it if its a short one.

[quote name='Pyloric']It's not fraud, it's their return policy. You can return a game within 7 days if you don't like it. I wouldn't like a game if I beat it in 7 days, so I would return it.[/QUOTE]

So, you beat the game and then decided if you like it or not based on whether you beat it in 7 days?:rofl:

Usually, if I don't like a game... I stop playing it.

[quote name='Vinny']So, you beat the game and then decided if you like it or not based on whether you beat it in 7 days?:rofl:

Usually, if I don't like a game... I stop playing it.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm an achievement whore so I can't start a game, get an achievement in it and just stop playing.

Stupid X-Blades gives you an achievement for killing your first monster so I realized I was forced to continue playing it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Why not just Redbox it or get GameFly?[/QUOTE]
because he would have to actually pay for the game. this way he plays the game, and returns it and get a refund.

[quote name='Pyloric']It's not fraud, it's their return policy. You can return a game within 7 days if you don't like it. I wouldn't like a game if I beat it in 7 days, so I would return it.[/QUOTE]

7 days, if you play just 5 hours a day (and a lot of ppl do game way more than that), the game offered you more than 30 hours of game play/entertainment. Still not enough? ...

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Why not just Redbox it or get GameFly?[/QUOTE]

Redbox doesn't have a lot of games and I refuse to use it because the last time I borrowed a game it was a photocopied piece of paper.

I could consider Gamefly, but I'm not a fan of the turn around time.

Also, I think I came off too strong with what I was trying to do in my original post. I'm not going to go in the store like "OK, I can rent game x, y and z this week and beat/return it real quick!".

It is more like I'd feel more comfortable making purchases knowing that is an option within a week depending on how I liked the game and what use I have for it.

I keep using X-Blades as an example because I bought it intending to keep it, even if I 1000'd it in a week. But then I played it and it made me sick.

[quote name='wasabi5858']7 days, if you play just 5 hours a day (and a lot of ppl do game way more than that), the game offered you more than 30 hours of game play/entertainment. Still not enough? ...[/QUOTE]

I'm lucky if I get an hour or two to play on weekdays. I work 9am-2pm and 530pm-10pm and also spend a lot of time traveling to and from work using mass transportation never mind other every day life stuff I have to do.

I've played X-Blades maybe 5 hours total.

To be perfectly honest I realized it sucked within 15 minutes, went online to look at a forum, saw a guide for beating it in 5 hours, and decided I might as well finish it.

But do you even have to ask?

common sense would tell you that if you abuse it, you lose it.
whatever the policy is, they can refuse service.

[quote name='wasabi5858']But do you even have to ask?

common sense would tell you that if you abuse it, you lose it.
whatever the policy is, they can refuse service.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, I was looking for more of a gray area answer than a black/white one.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Well I'm an achievement whore so I can't start a game, get an achievement in it and just stop playing.

Stupid X-Blades gives you an achievement for killing your first monster so I realized I was forced to continue playing it.[/QUOTE]

How can you say you are an achievement whore when you only have 23865 Gamer Scores? I laugh at your scores!!!

Why is it that everyone and their brother on this site is quick to call fraud? He's abusing their policies; he's not committing fraud. I was expecting to see it a few times in here, but not as quickly as this. lol

I better not cross the street where there's no cross walk; that would be cross walk fraud. >_>

[quote name='Methoes']How can you say you are an achievement whore when you only have 23865 Gamer Scores? I laugh at your scores!!![/QUOTE]

Lol.....I'm an achievement whore in that I only play for achievements unless its a good RPG or MP game. Achievement whoring doesn't have to mean you have no life and sit there gaming all day. Hence me saying
For a while I had not been spending a lot of time on gaming, but lately I have been trying to dedicate more time to it.
in the first post.

But yea, my score sucks. Also, up until becoming an "adult" and getting a real job I was one of those teenagers who was always getting new accounts to take advantage of the free gold for silver stuff. I had another tag with 20+k and another with 14k.

[quote name='Vinny']So, you beat the game and then decided if you like it or not based on whether you beat it in 7 days?:rofl:

Usually, if I don't like a game... I stop playing it.[/QUOTE]

#truth

I remember a thread a while back where some guy was mad at a buyer for getting a game from him on amazon, beating it, and then demanding his money back, and trying to file a claim. Everyone was siding with him how much of a douche the buyer was.

Fast forward to this, and people are saying its ok to do it to a company cause its their "policy". Weird how it works eh? :D

bread's done
Back