Questions about GBmicro

meerkatgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hello I just got the 25th aniv. edition micro(famicom) and i'm wondering is there anything I should buy for it accessories wise?

I'm thinking about getting the Mesh Pouch Micro from playasia it looks nice and has some nice comments on this pouch does gamestop still carry the link cables for link up to GBSP, GBA, and the gamecube? If not that's ok I still have my old GBA and gbasp for gamecube and trades.

I find that the little pouch that came with it is the best for my needs. I tried that faux-leather one from TRU, but it was just too bulky. IMO, the Micro's selling point is its small size/portability. Adding on a case just makes it bigger than it needs to be.

As for cables... I'm not sure that they were ever sold in stores. Try store.nintendo.com. There is a micro-micro link cable, and a little micro-sp adaptor. There weren't ever any Gamecube link cables, but if you do a search on the forums, someone was able to hack together a Gamecube link cable for the Micro.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Hello I just got the 25th aniv. edition micro(famicom) and i'm wondering is there anything I should buy for it accessories wise?

I'm thinking about getting the Mesh Pouch Micro from playasia it looks nice and has some nice comments on this pouch does gamestop still carry the link cables for link up to GBSP, GBA, and the gamecube? If not that's ok I still have my old GBA and gbasp for gamecube and trades.[/QUOTE]

If you plan to use it for GCN Connectivity titles, you should harass Troz into hooking you up with a custom cable. ;)

(Correction) The Neoprene case from TRU it's not very nice I will use the one that came with the micro, but i'll also get the one from playasia since i'll be ordering some stuff from them in a few weeks. (I didn't mean the faux-leather I was kinda tired at the time)

As for cables I'll probably use my sp for gamecube and trading and later i'll do that.

Thanks for the info.

I use the little wool sock/hat thing that came in the 3 pack from TRU less than $1. I also got the neoprene case with the carbinger clip dealy, but I dont use that one.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']I agree with the Faux-leather from TRU it's not very nice[/quote]

I think the leather cases are easily the nicest of all the ones available for the Micro. Much higher quality than the socks or the play-through sleeves. It is more bulky, so putting the entire thing in your pocket isn't really practical, but I also don't carry it with me 24/7.

[quote name='waxHead']I think the leather cases are easily the nicest of all the ones available for the Micro. Much higher quality than the socks or the play-through sleeves. It is more bulky, so putting the entire thing in your pocket isn't really practical, but I also don't carry it with me 24/7.[/quote]

IMO, the TRU leather case was sorta ugly, quality-made or not. (It was only $1 though, so I bought one, along with the socks) For me, the best feature about the Micro is its compact size, and extreme portability. That leather case just kills it.

I use the Sox, and I too have the play-through sleeve (which is shit) and the stiff leather case (which is pretty nice). My only wish is that the socks had velcro on the opening to close it up and seal the Micro in, but it holds the Micro well enough as it is.

I got the sox and leather case from the TRU .70 thing. I mainly just use the sox, but if I was going to take it on a trip or something I'd probably take the leather thing along. It's just too big to put in your pocket.

bread's done
Back