Questions about online

TheBigBoi

CAGiversary!
Greetings all. I might be picking up a Wii within the next couple of months, and just wanted to clear up some questions I have about online play:

a) is online free of charge?
b) is online already up and running, or will it be starting up soon?
c) I am aware that friend codes are needed to play against other people, but (as in Mario Kart DS) can I just go online and play a quick game against other people that aren't on my friend list?

Thanks for any and all help.

[quote name='TheBigBoi']Greetings all. I might be picking up a Wii within the next couple of months, and just wanted to clear up some questions I have about online play:

a) is online free of charge?
b) is online already up and running, or will it be starting up soon?
c) I am aware that friend codes are needed to play against other people, but (as in Mario Kart DS) can I just go online and play a quick game against other people that aren't on my friend list?

Thanks for any and all help.[/QUOTE]

A. Yup!
B. You can connect to the internet. No games are online yet. You can download games from the Virtual Console, as well as message friends and send them Miis (and recieve them)
C. Well no games are online yet, but the speculation is that once you register the friend code of your friends system.. that's the only code you will need. But about NOT racing friends.. Well, you can do that on Mario Kart DS, so I wouldn't see why not

Madden 07 isnt going to be online right? Although that would be awesome. They at least have to get it online for Madden 08.

bread's done
Back