Questions about R-Type for TG-16

UndyingForce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Quick questions for those who bought R-Type for TG-16

1) What is the button layout for the Wii-mote, is the A button used?
- I enjoy using the Wii-mote for playing VC games but if the A button is needed that might turn me off

2) Is there a save system in-game like Bomberman? or infinite continues? or nada?
- Just curious, more than 1 person uses my Wii and a separate save function would be an added bonus as opposed to the Wii save feature

3) If you could only buy 1 which would you buy, R-type or R-type III for SNES?
- I know R-Type is a much longer game but the 2-player option makes R-type III very attractive

Thanks in Advance

B = rapid fire
1 = charge
2 or a = detach helper

The online manual states a should be rapid fire, but it isn't.

It's a bit hard to use the b button for rapid fire, you end up using the knuckle of your middle finger, which is weird.

you get three credits when you start
there is no seperate save feature

I bought both. Lately, I only play III using the classic controller (You can't use the wiimote with III) and it is very satisfying.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Quick questions for those who bought R-Type for TG-16

1) What is the button layout for the Wii-mote, is the A button used?
- I enjoy using the Wii-mote for playing VC games but if the A button is needed that might turn me off

2) Is there a save system in-game like Bomberman? or infinite continues? or nada?
- Just curious, more than 1 person uses my Wii and a separate save function would be an added bonus as opposed to the Wii save feature

3) If you could only buy 1 which would you buy, R-type or R-type III for SNES?
- I know R-Type is a much longer game but the 2-player option makes R-type III very attractive

Thanks in Advance[/QUOTE]

1) You do not use the A button at all. Fire is handled with the 1 button, 2 handles Force control. You can also use B for autofire. You would think that would be somewhat tricky, but I use it all the time with no problems at all.

2) No save system. You get 2 continues. You can use the standard Quit to Wii Menu deal if you want to play a bit and then come back later.

3) I own both, and I FAR prefer R-Type to R-Type III. In fact, as an R-Type vet (I've owned countless versions of the game, on several platforms; right off the top of my head, there's R-Types (classic collection on PS1), Delta, and Final), I view III as by far the weakest R-Type I've ever seen. Only thing I do NOT like about the TG16 version is the fact that screen scrolls vertically slightly. Don't know why they did that. At first it really threw me off, but now it's more of a curiousity than a hassle.

If you have any other R-Type questions, just let me know!

RD

bread's done
Back