Questions about this cheap ass TV. I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

JDUB X

CAGiversary!
Hello CAG Community, hows it going?

I am pretty sure I am going to be picking up a Best Buy Dynex 32inch HD LCDTV tomorrow as a Xmas gift and I was wondering a few things. This TV will be used almost entirely for Xbox 360 and PS3 games. I also apologize for being a total noob when it comes to tech. I also know I could do so much better but am limited to the $299 price tag.

1. It has a 8ms response time. I am wondering how this will be with screen tearing and ghosting. I have heard that any ms response time under 10 is undetectable by the human eye. I am wondering if that is true. Also I might be able to get a 6.5ms one instead but will that bring any noticeable difference?

2. its 60hz, which I am not quite sure what that means or the difference between that and 120hz and so on but I know that all LCDTVs in this and even quite a few in higher price ranges are only 60hz as well.

3. The resolution is: 1366 x 768 pixel, the Brightness is (400 cd/m²) and the contrast is (3000:1) Is that good?, acceptable?, horrible?

I know this TV will not be amazing, I just want something that looks at least as good as my Element 22inch and can only spend the $299 on it.

Any knowledge and insight on this is extremely appreciated. :)

Also I included the full stats of the TV Here:
Product Features
Built-in HDTV tuner
Add HD-capable antenna to receive over-the-air high-definition broadcasts, where available. Optional set-top box required for high-definition cable or satellite programming.
31-1/2" screen
Measured diagonally from corner to corner brings your favorite movies to life.
1366 x 768 pixel resolution
Supports 720p signals for stunning image clarity.
16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
Delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience.
3:2 inverse pulldown
For accurate reproduction of film-based sources.
High brightness (400 cd/m²) and incredible contrast (3000:1)
For an arresting viewing experience.
8 ms response time
Allows pixels to change colors quickly to avoid streaking, blurring and ghosting in fast-moving scenes.
Wide 176° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
Make every seat the best in the house.
3D Y/C digital comb filter
Delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement.
Two 6W stereo speakers
With simulated surround sound and a sound leveler deliver a lush soundscape.
Ultraslim design (3-1/2" deep)
Ideal for wall mounting (with optional mounting kit, not included). VESA compatible.
3 HDMI inputs
Provide an uncompressed all-digital audio/video link for the highest quality connection and support copy-protected HD broadcast content.
PC video input
Lets you connect your computer to experience high-resolution images.
Inputs
Include 2 composite (1 side, 1 rear), 1 S-video (rear), 2 component video (rear), 3 HDMI (1 side, 2 rear), 1 PC (rear) and 1 RF (rear).
Outputs
Include 1 headphone and 1 audio.
V-Chip parental controls
Give you the option of blocking undesirable material that you don't want your kids to see.
ENERGY STAR qualified
Designed to use less energy and meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy.
Handy additional features
Include trilingual menu options (English, French and Spanish) closed captioning, sleep timer, auto zoom and channel labeling.

You'll be just fine. At 32", 720P will look great for your games and the difference in price between 60hz and 120hz isn't worth it. Enjoy your new TV!

[quote name='JJSP']You'll be just fine. At 32", 720P will look great for your games and the difference in price between 60hz and 120hz isn't worth it. Enjoy your new TV![/QUOTE]

Thanks! :)

bread's done
Back