Questions for a Sony rep?

Frosty The Batman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
223 (100%)
First off, I am not a Sony rep. We have one coming to our store, Best Buy, tomorrow for part of our store meeting. He wants questions. I asked him "Pertaining to what?"
He said "Surprise me."
So I say "About hardware or games?"
"Surprise me."
I say "Questions I know but think everyone else should know or weird hard questions I would only understand the answer to?"
Again he replies, "Surprise me".

So does anyone have any good questions? I'm looking around trying to find some. I'd like to keep them current. Not "Hey what was the 37th Playstation game ever made?"

Questions about the Move and new games mainly.

The meeting is at 8am EST so I'll check through out today and right before the meeting tomorrow. I'll post back any replies I get for your questions.

How about asking him why do you need PSN+ subscription for the free High Velocity Move patch in the US, but everywhere gets it for free and does not need PSN+ subscription?

Anyway here are my questions/suggestions:

- Any other Move bundles coming out soon? I'd like to see a Move Controller and Game bundle down the road, similar to what they did with the Dualshock 3 and select games.

- Are there any plans to make the PSP Go a more viable option? this includes releasing more new titles digitally as well as creating a system to transfer UMD's to the Go. Also, does Sony consider the device a failure? (he'll never answer this truthfully, lol)

- When is Sony coming out with new Walkman MP3 players? There are some great ones, with 64GB capacities in EU and Japan right now, are the US getting these? (not sure if you want Playstation only questions)

- When does GT5 come out? ;)

ask him why the free games sony gives out with ps plus tend to be throw aways ( with the minis and ps1 classics). also why during he 15th anniversary event they didnt add in games that were a big part of the consoles success ( re 1, ape escape, metal gear solid, final fantasy 7) i can see not adding them all but at least 1 of them should have been present.

ask him if we get a free DLC from PSN plus and we decide to cancel our membership will the DLC go with it or does will it stay?

I want to know why Sony feels the need to have all their games in 3D when many people do not have 3D tv's and probably won't until they get much cheaper.

Oh, and I want to know where all the PS1 classics are. I want more. Preferably good ones.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I want to know why Sony feels the need to have all their games in 3D [/QUOTE]

Exaggerate much? Sony has like 13 games that have 3D support, and many of those aren't even released yet (Sly Collection, GT5, Team ico collection) and a few are just patches for existing games (Pain, Wipeout HD, Superstardust HD, etc..). There's about 13 others that are released by 3rd parties including Crysis 2 and COD Black Ops which Sony has no say in.

Ooooh nooess 3D is taking over teh everythingz!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Also ask him if he's friend with Kevin Butler.[/QUOTE]

You know Kevin Butler's just an actor, right? His name is Jerry Lambert.

If you didn't already know.. sorry for ruining it for you :(

1) When are they going to release the extra set of wireless buzzers for the Buzz! games. I already managed to get 8, but all the literature tied to the games says that I can buy them seperately (also- there is a new buzz coming out for the move-- but no information for it, get some details!)

2) If you really want to piss him off, ask him why the PS3 doesn't work with many of the Sony Wega model TVs. Might need to google it for the specific information, but it seems to be a pretty big issue for the affected group of customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']
- When is Sony coming out with new Walkman MP3 players? There are some great ones, with 64GB capacities in EU and Japan right now, are the US getting these? (not sure if you want Playstation only questions)

- When does GT5 come out? ;)[/QUOTE]

1. Sony just announced they are killing off the Walkman - so that answers one of your questions.

2. Has hell froze over yet?:cry:

[quote name='jmbreci']1. Sony just announced they are killing off the Walkman - so that answers one of your questions.

2. Has hell froze over yet?:cry:[/QUOTE]

They're discontinuing Walkman cassette players (about time). Has nothing to do with their line of MP3 players with the same name. They're still making those and will continue to do so.

Just look at these sexy 64GB flash players. I want these NOW

sony_a8401.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']You know Kevin Butler's just an actor, right? His name is Jerry Lambert.

If you didn't already know.. sorry for ruining it for you :([/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm aware of that. :lol:

I'm guessing he's only going to answer some basic questions... we probably won't be able to get answers to questions like "Is Sony planning on adding PS2 BC to non-BC consoles?" or "When can we expect the PSP2?".

[quote name='nbballard']1) When are they going to release the extra set of wireless buzzers for the Buzz! games. I already managed to get 8, but all the literature tied to the games says that I can buy them seperately (also- there is a new buzz coming out for the move-- but no information for it, get some details!)

2) If you really want to piss him off, ask him why the PS3 doesn't work with many of the Sony Wega model TVs. Might need to google it for the specific information, but it seems to be a pretty big issue for the effected group of customers.[/QUOTE]

*Twitch*

http://xkcd.com/326/

:lol:

But honestly, I would ask him something about PS1 classics. Ask him why the hell we never get any good ones. Sony doesn't want us to pirate games, but they won't give us a legitimate means of buying the damn games. :roll:

Is the sony rep for a retail store that sells physical copies of games really expected to know all that much about the digital world?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Exaggerate much? Sony has like 13 games that have 3D support, and many of those aren't even released yet (Sly Collection, GT5, Team ico collection) and a few are just patches for existing games (Pain, Wipeout HD, Superstardust HD, etc..). There's about 13 others that are released by 3rd parties including Crysis 2 and COD Black Ops which Sony has no say in.

Ooooh nooess 3D is taking over teh everythingz![/QUOTE]

So....26+ games in 4 months?;)

Sounds like they are trying to.

[quote name='4thHorseman']So....26+ games in 4 months?;)

Sounds like they are trying to.[/QUOTE]

Are you dense or just trolling? I said 13 of those games are 3rd party. Do you actually think Sony is forcing Crytek, or Treyarch to make their games have 3D support? Some of the 13 games published by Sony aren't coming out till late 2011, or 2012 even. If you honestly think 26 games, 13 of which Sony has no say in, over the course of 2 years equates to Sony adding 3D to all games then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I've got another question. Will Hulu ever work again on the PS3 as it did before?[/QUOTE]

That's up to Hulu, and with the direction they're heading, I'd say definitely not.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's up to Hulu, and with the direction they're heading, I'd say definitely not.[/QUOTE]
I guess deep inside I knew but was in denial...:cry:

Ask the rep why do there products fail right after the warranty period!

Also, what wrong with Hulu? I've thought about trying it out but don't want another subscription.

Sadly those sony reps really have no insider knowledge of anything.

Google will answer your questions more then a sony rep would be able to.

sorry.

Questions they might know.

If their is any cool/new promotional material for your stores from any upcoming games.
They also might give you a sticker or pen or some other nicknack that says sony/ps3/etc

:(

[quote name='skiizim']Ask the rep why do there products fail right after the warranty period!

Also, what wrong with Hulu? I've thought about trying it out but don't want another subscription.[/QUOTE]

mr_burnzz was talking about the free version that used to work in the PS3's Internet Browser until Hulu intentionally blocked it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you dense or just trolling? I said 13 of those games are 3rd party. Do you actually think Sony is forcing Crytek, or Treyarch to make their games have 3D support? Some of the 13 games published by Sony aren't coming out till late 2011, or 2012 even. If you honestly think 26 games, 13 of which Sony has no say in, over the course of 2 years equates to Sony adding 3D to all games then you're an idiot, plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Like being a prick much? For what i know, every big release that Sony is developing in their own studios or is PS3 exclusive is going to be 3d. That right there is pushing it down our throats. If everything their studio offers is 3d, it's irrelevant what 3rd parties do. i don't know if they are forcing 3rd parties to do it or not, and I don't know if those companies would even be allowed to say, but it sure as hell wouldn't be surprising. They have just started the 3D push and all it's going to do is get bigger. so while 26+ games is all we know of right now, they are still going to do more and more and more by next year. They've just started.

It's not even the 3d thing that bothers me mainly. It's that the way they do it comes off like they are trying to get people to buy their tv's. They seem to care less about the game itself than the 3d aspect. Hell, that seemed to be the main draw about Killzone 3.

Haha you guys are crazy. Anyways he never showed up at the meeting so we just sat around and ate donuts till we opened. I did write most of the questions down though. The reps come in a bit more frequently as the holidays approach.

[quote name='Scorch']You know Kevin Butler's just an actor, right? His name is Jerry Lambert.

If you didn't already know.. sorry for ruining it for you :([/QUOTE]
Oh noes. Next thing you know you'll tell me that pro wrestling is fake and Hulk Hogan's name is really Terry Bollea.:D

[quote name='4thHorseman']Wow. Like being a prick much?[/QUOTE]
He's this charming on SD too.;)

As for my question, I'd want to know if they ever plan on adding in some form of software BC to the PS3 for those with non BC models. Although there was that rumored external 'box' that Sony got a patent on a while back that had the chips from the PS2 in it. Hopefully just like the slim PS3 that box was more than just a rumor.

Will the psp2 have two god-damn analog sticks?

And whens parappa the rappa 3 coming out for the ps3?

BC compatability for PS3Slims anytime soon?

Cross Game Chat?

Cross watching w/netflix?

Duke Nukem forev..wait nvm.

bread's done
Back