Questions regarding Amazon pre-orders and credits

dogfishfiend

CAGiversary!
I pre-ordered Halo 3 ODST and received the $10 + $5 + $5mp3 credits. The $10 + $5 credits must be used toward the purchase of a videogame and expire on 10/31/09.

Question: Can I pre-order a game, such as COD: Modern Warfare 2, and have those credits applied - even though the game won't actually ship until November?? I don't want to lose the $15 credit since the game ships after they expire.

Please advise!

I believe so. The codes probably just need to be redeemed by 10/31. Once you enter the coupon code, they are associated and redeemed with your account and should still apply when your card is charged.

[quote name='dogfishfiend'] Question: Can I pre-order a game, such as COD: Modern Warfare 2, and have those credits applied - even though the game won't actually ship until November?? I don't want to lose the $15 credit since the game ships after they expire.[/QUOTE]

The credit gets taken off the purchase price immediately after you place the order, then your credit card gets charged the balance when the game ships.

Yes, you can use promo credit on pre-orders.

If you cancel the order after 10/31, I'm not sure what would happen to the promo credit though.

As everyone else said, the 10/31/09 date is when you need to use it by, not when the game needs to ship by.

I think the promo credit just disappears if you cancel the order after 10/31/09, though I've never been in a position to find that out. It might go back on your account or it might disappear. I'd lean towards disappear.

bread's done
Back