quick 360 console question

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
so im setting up my gears of war 3 LE console and i notice something. WHen you move it from vertical to horizontal it makes a kinda rattling sound. Is that normal? I think the old ones did that too. I seem to recall hearing its so the console knows if its horizontal or vertical for the lights.

Just wanted to make sure that it was normal and i dont have a messed up console. It sounds almost like the rattle in a spray paint can

lol no i just unpacked it and havent even plugged it in yet.. just found out that my old optical cable doesn't work with this one either because of the recess it has. I have a thick high quality one.. *sigh*

[quote name='ShadowSx']Don't try and do it with a disk running in it.

Learned my lesson.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, thankfully my Black Ops disc still works.

hah ya guys, as I said i would never do that. I baby my systems, i would never move a system with a disc in it. In fact i dont even leave them sitting with a disc in them. When im done playing i take the disc out.

This is just a noise the console itself makes. Its when you move it from flat to vertical. Sounds almost like a spray paint can. I cant recall if my old fat made that sound. I loaned it to my cousin for a few days while hes visiting so i cant test my old fat right now.

Anyone know if that sounds normal?

Hmm anyone else that can check? Actually i just noticed one of the controllers triggers squeeks really bad. I think im gonna have to exchange it.. though its through Amazon so i may have to swap the whole thing out >_

[quote name='Kenshindono']I cant recall if my old fat made that sound. I loaned it to my cousin for a few days while hes visiting so i cant test my old fat right now.

Anyone know if that sounds normal?[/QUOTE]

Nothing about those sentences sound normal :)

Throw a small amount of Goo Gone on the squeaky trigger, that usually does the trick. Or in your case, some lard?

If you hear a rattling sound be aware, snakes might be inside...I kid. No really though, my 360 slim did that for awhile and all of a sudden the dvd drive gave out and wouldn't read discs period but everything else worked fine.

I've never noticed a rattling sound when I shifted the 360 S I have from vertical to horizontal. I'd check it, but I have Gears of War 3 playing itself right now.

I can't even imagine what it could be, unless it has some sort of weight in it to know the orientation it's in (the light icons shift so that player one is always top left led on the power ring). I'm just guessing, though.

well on another forum several people said thats normal and that its actually a sensor to detect if its horizontal or vertical.. i find it strange so many of you are saying yours doesn't do it though.

As for the controller. It looks like this system will probalby going back anyway, i dont want a bum controller. Dont know if Amazon will swap just that out or if i gotta send the whole thing back. Gonna test the system out tomorrow

I have a slim from the launch of it, it's been making that sound the entire time I have had it, it's normal and it's due to the sensors in the device.

I got my slim console last Black Friday and the controller was squeaky, but a few weeks later the squeaking went away, not that big a problem.

bread's done
Back